Elastic Consultant - Nordics at Elastic
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Are you interested in solving complex problems with an innovative technology stack? Would you like to make a real impact on customers across all industries and play a meaningful role in driving customer success? If this sounds like you, read on!
As an Elastic Consultant, you will be working closely with our customers to provide technical solutions for their business use cases with the Elastic Stack (which includes Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash and Beats). You will serve as a trusted technical advisor to our customers and help drive the customer’s journey with Elastic by providing technical oversight, ongoing knowledge transfer and enablement. A successful consultant will be focused on excellence, taking the initiative for self-improvement and possess great communication skills.
Our customers’ use cases extend across all the Elastic Solutions: Enterprise Search, Observability and Security, and beyond, and the scale of data in their environments ranges from gigabytes to petabytes. This diverse mix of a customer base means the challenges they face that Elastic consultants help them with can often require problem solving skills and knowledge just as diverse.
Our internal development and mentoring schemes ensure you have access to learn areas across the products and services we provide that you may not previously have had exposure to, in addition to which you will work closely with colleagues across the Professional Services, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success and Support teams to ensure the best experience for our customers along their Elastic journey.What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead the delivery of Elastic solutions to drive customer success from our products
- Solution design, development, and integration of Elastic products and services, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Solving our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
- Be a mentor/coach for your fellow Elastic consultants
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Hands-on experience and an understanding of Elasticsearch or similar distributed datastore technology
- Experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer and proficient in at least one programming language
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability and willingness to travel and work remotely with our customers
- Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Experience as a Consultant, deliver and execute on Professional Services engagements
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and Lucene
- Elastic Certified Engineer
- Strong knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
- Experience with Statement of Work delivery and customer journey
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email [email protected].
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.