Director, Technical Support at WellSky (Kansas City, MO)
As the Director of Technical Support, you will lead the technical support team across multiple locations and act as the main point of contact for internal and external clients. You will serve as a brand ambassador, representing the best interests of the company, our clients and industry partners in every interaction. You will work with Sales, Finance and Account Management on customer escalations, providing proper communication internally and externally throughout the process. You will work with Development and Product to present critical customer needs and concerns, and work with DevOps, IT and Product on system issues and downtime communication with customers. In addition, as the Director, you will work with third-party vendors regarding supporting software changes.
If you are an experienced, ambitious, and passionate self-starter with a positive attitude, looking to join a winning team that provides extraordinary client service, then look no further!
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the budget for the team, including planning for growth and making an appropriate business case for growth positions.
- Staffing planning and coordination with Finance and HR for ongoing recruitment needs.
- Regularly review and question processes to ensure they provide efficient use of organization resources while balancing the best client experience.
- Communicate effectively with the client base, especially as it relates to system-impacting situations.
- Responsibility for vendor search and management where it relates to tools and systems that will make the department more responsive, provide better support, and/or be more efficient.
- Manage reporting insights into the health of the Support operation on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Ensure escalations are resolved satisfactorily, involving Senior Management as required. Especially requires the ability to work effectively with Sales, Finance, Account Management and Training.
- Ensure critical software and system issues are addressed in a timely manner. This requires an effective working relationship with Development, SaaS Ops, and Product Management.
- Remove any barriers to smooth communication with other departments in the organization.
Diagnosing and troubleshooting
Bachelor’s degree business, leadership, technology, or related.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a call center management role
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical support position
Experience in a healthcare IT environment.
Experience using Salesforce.com, JIRA, or equivalent support/engineering management tools.
Experience with CRM and bug tracking software and ability to communicate with developers on new features.
Experience developing budgets, policies, and procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
Master’s degree in business, leadership, technology, or analytical in nature.
Experience identifying and directing problem management efforts to drive high client-value opportunities for prioritization within the development lifecycle.
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.