We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
ABOUT THE TEAM - As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Business Development team. We are hiring a Director, Retail Accounts to run a team that manages hundreds of Instacart’s regional, local and independent grocers.
ABOUT THE ROLE - In this role, you will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, implementing new processes to actively manage hundreds of retailer relationships, driving strategic planning for your team’s portfolio of retailers, developing your team, recommending scalable growth strategies, owning senior stakeholder relationships, up-selling new offerings and opportunities, and keeping the Instacart executive team apprised of progress.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Run a team responsible for building and maintaining relationships with hundreds of external Instacart retail partners
- Own senior-level executive relationships at regional, local, and independent partners; build relationships in partners’ organizations
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart's business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Achieve and maintain high client satisfaction within Instacart
- Drive team to hit key performance indicators and business goals
- Collaborate with senior management on developing strategic plans to meet retail partners’ needs and grow their business on Instacart
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide implementation of strategic plans and accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Perform data analysis to drive key business insights, scalable growth strategies, and detailed execution plans
- Engage, educate, collaborate, and problem solve with external partners at all levels of the organization
- 10+ years previous experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Quick communication response times
- Ability to manage across functions and present to leadership
- Creative problem-solver
- Positive, energetic, and influential relationship builder
- MBA preferred but not required
- Experience in SQL and Tableau preferred
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.