Director, Information Security at GlossGenius
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the role
As the founding member of the Information Security team, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of GlossGenius’ vision and strategy for information security and risk management. You will be responsible for designing security programs which protect information from threats, ensuring business continuity by collaboratively working across the different functions in the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, document, and communicate information security risks associated with GlossGenius data stored, processed, or transmitted through 3rd party applications
- Attract and retain top talent while providing leadership, mentoring and coaching, including technical and personal development programs for team members
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic global information security and risk management program to ensure the integrity of GlossGenius’ security program
- Advise the executive leadership team on security issues and threats
- Guide the technical development of security tools and product features to reduce security risk across the company
- Provide a strategic and tactical vision around the threat environment and incident response
- Manage GlossGenius’ Information Security policies and standards coordinating with cross-functional stakeholders as needed
- Participates in the organization’s disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science and 5+ years managing technical security teams in a senior leadership capacity
- Experience building high-performing teams
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical security concepts in simple language
- Technical knowledge and experience working with the information security technologies and tools
- Demonstrated experience designing and maturing an information security program
- You can implement cloud security technologies, including encryption, network security, intrusion detection, and digital forensics
- You have experience triaging and remediating incidents with wide-ranging business or customer impact
- Well-versed in the rapidly evolving threat landscape with a strategic mindset to mitigate threats
- You're a continuous learner - learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.