Desktop Support Specialist at AlertMedia
The Desktop Support Specialist will work with other IT staff to provide our employees with fast and friendly support with all their technology needs. This includes diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading Windows & Mac machines, servers, phones and critical software applications as necessary to ensure smooth operation.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated, organized team player who is passionate about both technology and customer service. You are a self-starter who enjoys a challenge and thrives in a fast-paced environment providing efficient support to fellow employees. You love figuring out how computers work, learning new things, following the latest OS updates, and have a healthy respect for patch management.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Respond to incoming calls, tickets, slack messages and “drive-by’s” regarding computer or equipment problems
- Effectively document relevant information in a work order system
- Provide first level support of end users technology related issues in a prompt, courteous manner
- Install and configure laptops and peripheral equipment according to standards and guidelines
- Assist with support of multifunction printers
- Help maintain accurate inventory records of all technology equipment
- Maintain hardware and software compliance by helping to ensure all hardware and software is kept up to date
- Help maintain VOIP phone systems
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values and vision for the future
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a technology support role
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Windows 10 and Mac OS required
- Comfortable with Active Directory
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocol and basic network troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Jira, Okta & Azure a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office application suite
- Tons of energy, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to effectively work cross-functionally
- This position is full time, in office Monday through Friday in Austin, TX
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.