Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About The Role:
Opendoor’s entire business relies on a solid foundation of data – and to build that foundation we need to both (1) ingest high quality datasets, and (2) maintain these ingests to ensure that our data is always available, high-fidelity, and low-latency. Real estate data is a complex and challenging domain, and it is our job to make sure that we can make sense of that data to power everything from our pricing capabilities to analytical business decisions. Just a single piece of incorrect data can cause home value to swing by hundreds of thousands of dollars! As Opendoor continues to transact on billions of dollars of homes, our Data Ingestion Engineers will continue to support the core of Opendoor’s business and product strategy by building, maintaining, and improving our ingestion pipelines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ingesting real estate datasets from a variety of external feeds, such as MLS (RETS), MLS (RESO), and others.
- Updating and maintaining accurate and complete data mappings to ensure that our systems are provided with high quality data.
- Building monitoring and alerting across our data pipelines in order to make sure that our data ingests are reliable and correct.
- Partnering closely with our Brokerage team and other internal real estate experts to maintain high quality ingest.
- Working closely with our infrastructure team to use and improve our tooling systems.
- Building pipelines on top of modern data processing tech stacks such as Spark, Airflow, and Databrick.
We're looking for teammates who have:
- A track record in contributing and maintaining production quality software systems.
- Experience with SQL and other query languages.
- Proficiency in Python
- A focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence.
- A strong sense of ownership in the work that they produce.
- Care for modular, performant, and testable code.
- Experience working with real estate data, especially MLS data.
- Experience working with AWS, Spark, Airflow, or Snowflake.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description