Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
Robinhood’s Customer Experience team is committed to providing world-class service to our internal and external customers. Internal Help Desk Agents focus on the internal experience of our customer experience associates by providing education, solving escalated situations, and being a resource when exceptions are needed. Individuals in this role will have demonstrated exceptional performance as a Customer Experience Associate. They will also have an approachable agent facing demeanor while communicating in a teaching vs telling style.
As an Internal Helpdesk Associate, you will handle, in real time, all of the questions that our customer facing agents have, while providing resources on where to find answers in the future. When customers reach out with an issue that deserves escalation, either because of a poor experience or a customer request for escalation,we will turn to you to be the next step of that customer’s journey.
We expect you to have a deep understanding of and familiarity with the breadth of issues encountered by our users at all CX Ranks 1-4. You will use this knowledge to help us resolve some of the more complex customer situations, while also ensuring our agents have a timely and world class experience when they have questions. You will also granted a higher tier of permissions within Major Oak to take action on accounts that our Customer Facing team is unable to. This role is responsible for recognizing patterns, and communicating with team managers when agent patterns arise and utilize specialized software to build a knowledge base that will help solve common agent questions automatically.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- At this level of internal support, employees are responsible for knowledge of all customer situations that do not require a registered representative to answer. You will be trusted to resolve any issue, in any channel, at any time with expertise and world class experience for our internal agents and external customers.
- Leverage deep product- and subject-matter expertise to resolve difficult customer escalations and issues.
- You will be responsible for solving agent questions in a real time environment while helping them understand the answer in a way that will reinforce their own knowledge.
- Over time, you’ll help us uncover patterns and address the most common drivers of agent questions and escalations.
- Train internal software to better answer questions automatically each time you answer an agent question.
- Utilize new software to manage internal help desk tickets from all areas of CX.
- Have a flexible schedule to support hours within and outside of our trading hours.
- Passed the Securities Industry Essentials Exam (SIE)
- 6+ months at Robinhood in a customer facing role.
- Meets Expectations (Impactful)+ in current or prior review cycle.
- Completely open availability, with the ability to work weekend, morning, or evening shifts.
- The ability to quickly defuse customer anxiety through exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to think critically and apply logical problem-solving skills to isolate and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to put other internal employees at ease when delivering answers in real time.
- Must be able to act independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Insane Customer Focus
- Strong Teach vs Tell Approach to answering questions.
- High empathy and ability to de-escalate situations
- Ambitious Personal Learner
- Strong Situational Decision Making Skills
- The ability to concisely and accurately communicate complex topics to other agents and customers.
- Great Time Management Skills
- Strong Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills (e.g. pattern recognition)
- Exceptional Decision Making Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.