Customer Support Specialist (Central and Eastern Time Zones Only) at Greenhouse Software (Remote)
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Customer Support Specialist (CST/EST Only) to join our team!
As customer-facing product experts, our Customer Support Specialists lead our efforts to showcase Greenhouse as not just a set of useful recruiting features, but as a platform for organizational change. You’ll be a part of a team that has a high bar for customer happiness and strives to help our customers transform the way they hire.
Often cited by our users as the "best thing about Greenhouse,” Customer Support Specialists work with our Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams to provide a level of support that best helps our stakeholders. This unique opportunity puts you in the best position to have insight into the product roadmap, manage expectations for future releases, and elevate our customers’ experience with Greenhouse.Who will love this job
- An advocate – you thrive on engaging with our customers, working hard to help them succeed
- A problem solver – you creatively find solutions and discover workarounds using the resources available
- A wordsmith – you communicate clearly, concisely, and with a friendly tone
- A helper – you are friendly and patient, crafting a positive experience for our customers with each interaction
- An efficient worker – you juggle priorities without breaking a sweat, maintaining an excellent level of organization
- A great teammate – you contribute ideas to elevate your greater team and help them succeed
- Serve as first point of contact for all support communications – primarily via email and online chat – to answer questions, provide assistance, troubleshoot issues, and route product feedback appropriately
- Diagnose and resolve customer issues with products in the Greenhouse Suite, escalating as needed to ensure timely follow-up and satisfactory resolution
- Expand your knowledge of our products and technical skills via through both training and practical experience
- Provide recommendations for continuous product and process improvement
- Customer-facing work experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven perseverance when resolving customer requests
- A passion for learning and sharing knowledge with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience resolving technical issues using chat and email, a plus
- Applicants must be currently based in Central or Eastern time zones!
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Applicants must currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. We’ve won numerous awards including Inc. Magazine Best Workplace (2018-2022), Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work, Forbes Cloud 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 5000, Crain’s Best Places to Work NYC, Fortune’s Great Place to Work (2019 - 2022), and Mogul’s Top 100 Workplaces for Diverse Representation (2022). We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, fully paid option(s) for health coverage (medical, dental and vision), disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation and a 401(k) matching program. For Dublin-based employees, we offer 25 days' vacation and an employer matching pension program.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page
**We are a distributed company and do our best work where it works best for us - as individuals and as teams. At this time, all employees are working remotely due to COVID-19.**
Our Talent Acquisition (TA) team at Greenhouse has recently been notified of a phishing scam targeting candidates applying for our open roles. Scammers have been posing as hiring managers and recruiters in an effort to access candidates’ personal and financial information. Please note that any communication from our hiring teams at Greenhouse regarding a job opportunity will only be made by a Greenhouse employee with an @greenhouse.io email address. We would never ask you as part of our interview process to provide personal or financial information, including but not limited to your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information and other related banking information. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and alert us right away at [email protected].