Customer Support Manager at Homebase
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
You have a passion for small businesses and helping them succeed. You have experience leading a small (but mighty) customer service team, both with in-house employees and agents through a vendor, and like to forge the best path for growth. You have worked in contact centers helping customers with SaaS platforms. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help customers. You like to solve problems and can move fast. You love working in an unstructured, fast paced environment and you are not afraid of change or leading your team through change. You make decisions based on data. You have experience supporting payroll software (not just running payroll for a company) and love the complexities of payroll and the ease it brings customers.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Payroll Operations, you will take leadership of a small team of Customer Support Representatives, help them define processes, and prepare the team for scale. This is a new branch-off team at Homebase and we need someone who has experience managing customer support teams that support small businesses with SaaS software via phone, email, and chat. You will be supporting our customers post-installation with any questions they have about the Homebase product in general including payroll. You will help us measure current productivity and make recommendations on how to improve quality and how to scale effectively. In the immediate future, you will help ensure we are over-prepared for our customers’ End of Year payroll needs.
- Manage the performance of small team of Customer Support Representatives
- Determine best way to scale Customer Support for our customers using payroll, be that with more in-house team members, or through a partner
- Track and own support metrics like ticket volume, average handle time, first call resolution, service level, agent occupancy, etc.
- Serve as an advocate for Payroll Support and our customers. Partner with Product, Engineering, and other internal teams to ensure our customers’ needs are met.
- Manage support escalations, and create escalation procedures
- Build out Customer Support standard operating procedures for Payroll
- Develop a training regimen for new hires
- Hire and train new Payroll Support Specialists
- Manage vendor relationships
- 2+ years of customer support management experience
- 2+ years of payroll product support experience
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll support
- A goals over roles attitude - you do what it takes, not what’s in your job description
- Experience supporting small businesses
- Data focused mindset
- Sharp intelligence and computers skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and growing organization
- You stay calm under pressure and you can de-escalate escalated situations and customers
- Solid educational background together with real life wisdom and achievement
- Set high standards for yourself matched with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously - excited about striving toward team and individual metrics.
- Enthusiasm to be a part of a dynamic and growing company full of opportunity and constant change
What We Offer You
- Colorado Only: The minimum salary for this position is $68,000 per year. Final offers may vary based on several factors including experience and expertise.
- Generous accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- Fun Team Activities
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.