As a Customer Support Consultant, you will play a significant role in Performio providing world class support to our customers. With our tried and tested onboarding process, you will soon become familiar with the Performio product and company.
You will draw on previous support experience to monitor for new support requests in Zendesk, provide initial triage with 1st and 2nd level support, ensuring the customer is kept up to date and the request is completed within a timely manner.
You will collaborate with other teams to ensure more complex requests are managed efficiently and will provide feedback to help improve product and solution knowledge as well as processes.
Answers to questions asked by customers that are not in the knowledge base will be reviewed and added to the knowledge base if appropriate. We’re looking for someone who thinks ahead, recognising opportunities to help customers help themselves.
You will help out with configuration changes and testing, furthering your knowledge and experience of Performio. You may also be expected to help out with managed service tasks and other support tasks from time to time.
We are a small, but mighty company offering incentive compensation management software (ICM) that regularly beats the legacy incumbents in our industry. How? Our people and our product.
Our people are highly-motivated and engaged professionals with a clear set of values and behaviors. We prove these values matter to us by living them each day. This makes Performio both a great place to work and a great company to do business with.
But a great team alone is not sufficient to win. We also have a great product that balances the flexibility that large companies need in a sales commission solution with the great user experience buyers have come to expect from modern software. We are the only company in our industry that can make this claim and the market has responded favorably. We have a global customer base across Australia, Asia, Europe, and the US in 25+ industries that includes many well-known companies like News Corp, Johnson & Johnson and Vodafone.
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitoring and triaging new Support requests submitted by customers using our Zendesk Support Portal
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support for Support requests
- Investigate, reproduce and resolve Customer issues within the required Service Level Agreements
- Maintain our evolving knowledge base
- Clear and concise documentation of root causes and resolution
- Assist with the implementation and testing of Change Requests and small projects
- As your knowledge of the product grows, make recommendations for solutions based on client’s requests
- Assist in educating our client's compensation administrators applying best practices
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for customer service with a communication style that can be adapted to suit the audience
- A problem solver with a range of troubleshooting methodologies
- Experience in the Sales Compensation industry
- Familiar with basic database concepts and spreadsheets
- 2+ years in a similar role
- Positive Attitude - optimistic, cares deeply about company and customers
- High Emotional IQ - shows empathy, listens when appropriate, creates healthy conversation dynamic
- Resourceful - has a "I'll figure it out" attitude if something they need doesn't exist
- Experience using Zendesk or other Support Portals
- Experience implementing SAAS Applications
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL programming language
We’re fast-growing, but still small enough for everyone to make a big impact (and have face time with the CEO). We genuinely care for our customers and we are passionate about solving our customers’ sales compensation challenges. Led by a strong set of company values, we play to win and are incentivized to succeed through our employee equity plan.
We’ve adapted well to the work from home lifestyle, and encourage flexible working arrangements. Some of our staff work full time from home, while others prefer working from one of our offices, or a combination of home and office.
Our values speak strongly to who we really are. They mean a lot to us, and we use them every day to make decisions, and of course to hire great people!
- Play to win - we focus on results, have a bias to action and finish what we start
- Paint a clear picture - we’re clear, concise and communicate appropriately
- Be curious - we surface alternative solutions and consistently expand our knowledge
- Work as one - we all pitch in but also hold each other to account
- Do the right thing - we put what’s right for our customers over our own ego
What You Will Receive:
Performio offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. You will receive an annual salary that is between the middle and high end of the market depending on your experience. You will also receive the following company benefits:
- Equity plan – all employees are also owners
- Unlimited paid vacation & paid company holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Company-sponsored 401(k) program, company contributes 3% of your salary annually regardless of what you put in
- Laptop, mouse, keyboard, and monitor
- WeWork membership
- Free parking (at Irvine headquarters)
Don’t check every box in our job description? That’s ok! As the Harvard Business Review points out, research conducted by Hewlett Packard shows that men typically apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, while women and those from marginalized groups tend to only apply when they feel they meet 100%. If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed in the job description, please still reach out. We’d love to have a conversation to see if you could be a great fit!