Customer Success Strategy & Operations Manager at UpGuard (Portland, ME)
| Portland, ME
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:02 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 16, 2022
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why we’re hiring this role:
We’re hiring a Customer Success Strategy & Operations Manager whose mission will be to drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer Success team. You will report into the Chief Customer Officer and will be their trusted partner in defining customer success objectives, strategy, and tactics, and in implementing processes that scale.
What will you accomplish?
- Determine the timing and content of touch points for TAMs along the customer journey, to drive optimal adoption and customer value
- Coordinate with 1:Many Communications lead (within CS team) to synchronize email outreaches
- Detect early signals of at-risk renewals, design playbooks for TAMs to address them, and provide path to escalation Identify top candidates for upsell Coordinate cross-functional processes that help meet renewal and upsell targets and deliver on customers’ needs, including processes for TAMs to: Relay customer feedback to the Product team; Align with the Support team on resolution of major cases and report bugs to the Engineering team; Provide feedback to Sales on the readiness of our customers; Assist the Onboarding team overcome any delays in implementation
- Tier existing customers, assign them to TAMs, re-distribute workload as needed, and forecast hiring needs
- Build & drive process, change management, systematic practice and tooling for Customer Success across product lines
- Provide materials and data that help TAMs work more effectively
- Oversee CS Tool management, including ChurnZero to optimize customer visibility, prioritization, and other programs
- Report to executives on past results and renewals and upsell forecasts, e.g. through dashboards and presentations
- Track leading indicators of renewals and upsell, and analyze them to understand what’s going well and what’s not
- Set KPI’s for each team within the Customer Success department
- Own and facilitate internal training and development needs
- Lead with creative problem solving, and leverage data to drive influence and strategy while thinking of systems holistically
What do we need from you?
- 3+ years experience of hands-on Customer Success Operations
- Strong analytical skills and an interest in working with data - Excel / Google Sheets a must; SQL and/or Looker a plus
- Passion for designing processes that scale
- Track record of creating and delivering high profile strategic projects within a business, across functions and/or on global teams
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Enjoys “getting their hands dirty” by digging into complex operations
- Takes high degree of ownership over their work
- Clear communicator with professional presence Able to drive change management, build aligned tooling and develop methods to measure and systemize CS KPIs for internal teams and customers
- Strong listening skills; open to input from other team members and departments Ability to lead through influence
- Familiar with tools like Gong.io, Hubspot, Intercom, Looker, Pandadoc, ChurnZero and optimization strategies for each
- Designing, implementing, and running scalable processes and programs
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: Competitive base salary + commission and equity
- Great perks: Food + internet allowance and flexible work arrangements
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or re-location. Apologies.
Read Full Job Description