ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
This Customer Service Supervisor position will be an integral part of the Customer Service Team. The supervisors will work together to ensure consistent adherence to procedures among the staff and will work with each other to propose process and operational improvement suggestions. The success of the position requires managing and developing the team and documenting and improving all processes and procedures, as well as communicating needs and recommendations to higher management.
In addition, we are looking for someone who will embrace and embody our culture of Insane Helpfulness, Transparency, and a Work Hard/Play Hard mentality. If you love to work hard as a team, find technological solutions for customer problems, and end the day with a Nerf gun fight, you are exactly what we are looking for.
As a Customer Service Supervisor, you will:
- Manage a team of 15-18 Customer Service Associates.
- Be available to affect the entirety of the team's operations by motivating, developing, and encouraging associates through positive communication and feedback and meeting at least once a month with your team and twice a month for each individual on your team.
- Work with your associates and other leaders to maintain the highest quality standards across the team, leveraging and skillfully maneuvering our various data resources.
- Participate in interviews and collaborations with the Talent team for ongoing hiring when necessary.
- Assist with training program implementation and assess needs for current and re-training, including development and maintenance of training materials.
- Create and maintain effective channels for associate feedback.
- Complete/assist with department projects as assigned by a Manager of Customer Service.
What you should bring to the table:
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience in contact centers with at least 50 employees (or a similar environment/team size).
- An ability to develop multiple direct reports, give actionable, thoughtful feedback in real time, and engage employees on a large customer service team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for innovation and constantly trying new things - and the curiosity and metrics driven attitude to track everything you do.
- An ability to deliver tough feedback in an ever changing environment.
- An insanely helpful attitude.
Starting Salary Range: $52,000 - 62,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.