At Teachable, our mission is to enable creators to transform their knowledge into income and share what they know. Our focus is on driving value for the creators who depend on Teachable to start and grow their businesses, and we’re building an amazing platform and team to support them.
As a Creative Operations Manager at Teachable, you will be responsible for collaborating with Creative, Marketing, and other departments to support an extraordinary product that is used by tens of thousands of creators and millions of students.
You’ll bring your passion for creative operations, production, project management, and creativity as well as a love for building a visual brand to the table every day to help us create and produce compelling creative work across multiple mediums.
We’re looking for a Creative Operations Manager to oversee the overall operations of the creative team through planning, project management, and production of a variety of creative projects and initiatives. You bring an operational strategic mindset and approach to your work each and every day. You are able to juggle and balance multiple projects simultaneously and have a strong understanding of how to build and implement foundational efficiencies into the creative process and workflow. You are a natural collaborator and can corral various team members and stakeholders to adhere to a singular process. You have a deep understanding of project management, organization, and operational efficiencies. You will partner closely with key stakeholders within marketing and cross-functionally to help bring our best creative vision to life from start to finish, on time and within budget. This role will report directly into our Creative Director. You’ll work closely with them to improve our processes and workflows, build operational efficiencies and produce best-in-class creative solutions.
You have a portfolio that showcases high-impact and inspirational work for recognized brands across various disciplines. You will lead the charge in sourcing and managing a variety of external vendors, from design agencies to freelancers, photographers to videographers, and production and post-production houses. You will also maintain healthy relationships with external partners and vendors to ensure a seamless and productive working relationship.
- You’ll build and implement crucial operational frameworks and solutions to help the Creative Studio and Marketing Team collaborate efficiently.
- You will help spearhead various campaigns and projects alongside project managers, coordinators, Creative Director, and other team leads.
- You will help to establish scope of work, prioritize tasks, manage deliverables and timeline, and facilitate resourcing needs, all within tight deadlines.
- Oversee, manage, and execute the production calendar on an ongoing basis for a variety of creative projects and requests.
- Be a strong voice in mitigating necessary ad hoc requests.
- Source, grow relationships with, and recommend the best vendors, agency partners, photographers, videographers and design freelancers for resourcing needs.
- Create cost estimates and budgets for production as well as negotiate budget with vendors.
- You’ll consistently aid in removing blockers and obstacles for team members to execute their work seamlessly.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with leadership, the client (internal stakeholder) and all members of the team involved for alignment and transparency.
- You have deep experience producing photo shoots and video shoots from pre-production to post production.
- Manage and supervise on-set photo/video shoots as necessary.
- Have a creative point of view and be able to convey design concepts, strategies, and ideas in an effective and convincing fashion through all facets of the creative process.
- Help manage and produce our marketing website in collaboration with our marketing, marketing ops and creative team along with support from leaders of our other marketing verticals.
- You’ll continually refine and evolve our process to meet the needs of our ever-growing creative team as we scale and grow.
- 7+ years of experience and expert understanding of the production process, helping to craft diverse campaigns, video, photo and creative content at an agency or in-house creative team. Both experiences are a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills, oral and written. You also possess strong interpersonal skills.
- You have a willingness to steer creative projects that may be untraditional or unfamiliar to you and are eager to learn in areas where you may lack experience or expertise.
- Self-motivated problem solver who is proficient and comfortable navigating ambiguity with minimal supervision.
- You have a true passion and understanding for the digital realm (web, product, social, motion and video) and digital practices; technical knowledge of content management systems are a plus.
- Eye for creative sophistication and you sweat the smallest of details.
- Strong understanding of production related documentation such as Briefs, MSA’s, SLA’s, SOW’s, RFP’s, etc.
- Ability to prioritize project tasks and deadlines, both for yourself as well as all team members involved in a particular project. You are adept at removing roadblocks and hurdles so the team can do their best work.
- Fluent working knowledge of project management softwares (Asana, Jira and Confluence) and basic understanding of creative tools (Adobe Suite, Figma, and Webflow)
- Fluent working knowledge of all Google apps and Keynote.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of market prices across a variety of brand media necessary to negotiate quotes and fees with outside vendors and partners.
- You’re a natural collaborator and thrive in challenging and fast-moving situations.
- Outside the box thinker who is inquisitive and proactive in suggesting new ideas, formats, and options in an effort to push innovation forward.
- Understands the fluid and fast-paced world of rapidly growing start-up environments.
- Possess true empathy and sensitivity for others; patient and calm under pressure.
- You’re passionate about what you do and have fun doing it.
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning employees (depending on the requirements for the role) may work either fully remote or in-office (or a combination of the two).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.