Coding Specialist CPC (Remote) at MedStar Health
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:40 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 17, 2022
- MedStar Medical Group is currently seeking a CPC Coder with Cardiology, Cardiovascular and Heart experience to join the team! This is a full time, remote position, with a Monday - Friday schedule.
Join one of the largest health systems in the area and enjoy the benefits of a full benefits package including paid time off, health/vision/dental insurance, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement and the benefits of remote work capability.
Apply today and learn how MedStar Health can provide your next great career move!
- Job Summary
- Maintains and coordinates coding of charges to maintain goals of high quality service to patients and ensure maximum reimbursement for services rendered.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma.
- 3 to 5 years of billing experience in a medical setting
- CPC or CMC certification required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expertise in medical terminology, ICD 9-CM and CPT coding; expertise policies, procedures, rules and regulations of insurance companies; effective organizational, problem-solving interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Answers the telephone with a positive and professional tone of voice; identifies and answers coding questions professionally and appropriately in order to ensure each call is handled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assists physicians, patient and insurance representatives, procedure schedulers, and managers by identifying problem billing patterns and answering questions regarding coding to ensure each cal and/or denial is handled efficiently.
- Assists with periodic audit/research of problems pertaining to coding by reviewing submitted claims, denials, and reimbursements to ensure maximum reimbursement from payors.
- Initiates correspondence to and answers rejections from insurance companies regarding patient accounts and claim appeals by following established insurance protocols.
- Maintains a regulatory/compliance environment by following organizational policies and procedures to ensure compliance to state, local, and federal standards and regulations.
- Obtains and maintains the most current coding information for appropriate payors; communicates any policy changes with AR management and team members.
- Obtains, communicates, and initiates correspondence with insurance companies to resolve coding discrepancies to ensure maximum reimbursement from payors.
- Receives insurance denials and requests and reviews patients' medical records to resubmit claims using accurate ICD-10 and CPT codes and following professional coding standards to ensure maximum reimbursement from payors.
- Reviews and assists with hospital charge processing by using accurate ICD-10 and CPT codes and following professional coding standards to ensure maximum reimbursement from payors.
- Works with physician practice staff through the Practice Management System's tasking function to obtain the necessary documentation prior to following up and submitting claims that require referrals, records, or additional information.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
More Information on MedStar Health
MedStar Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Columbia, MD. MedStar Health was founded in 1999. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 83 open jobs at MedStar Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description