Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and creative Business Systems Engineer to join our Flyhomes Engineering team!
The Business Engineering Support Team is a key team we are building at Flyhomes. You and the team will provide investigations, solutions, and collaboration between our Business and Technology Teams through deep technical knowledge of how business processes and systems interact.
A typical day in this team revolves around ensuring that we are using practical and complete solutions related to anomalies within our code and systems as well as ensuring that our Business Teams have the support they need to be able to ensure our clients’ happiness, make smart integrations, and help the business and clients succeed.
This work involves bug triage, data discrepancy investigations, automating integrations, and delivering simple and novel solutions to complex issues.
What You’ll Do
- Triage and solve escalated issues and requests from our business & operations teams.
- Act as first point of escalation for Engineering, helping to prioritize work based on impact and recurrence to the Development Teams.
- Collaborate on an agile basis with Business teams and Engineering teams to solve problems and support the business facing systems.
- Participate in building/suggesting tools and utilities to improve business processes.
- Master the set of third-party tools used for our business processes.
- Continuously iterate and improve the Flyhomes third party integrations and processes with our forward-looking roadmap in mind.
- Identify and advocate for best practices for business processes in conjunction with the technical systems.
What is needed
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience as an Application Support Engineer in a related field.
- 3+ years of using SQL to research data discrepancies and analyze system issues.
- Proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
- Exceptional ability to provide front end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate multiple enterprise systems like CRMs, Task Management tools, and Scheduling tools.
- Analytical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused, and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate a commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid, and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!