Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The Associate Broker position reports to the Transaction Management Regional Manager. The Associate Broker is responsible for ensuring compliance with state and local real estate licensing rules/regulations, in addition to Opendoor Brokerage policies and procedures. You will work closely with Fulfillment, Agents and Market Ops Brokers to ensure transaction requirements are met and compliant with Opendoor Brokerage Standards. You will focus on quality control when advising on transaction document changes, contract composition and overall transaction compliance. In addition you will be responsible for transaction management operational processes and objective and key result strategies.
- Drive quality and consistency in operational processes and in contract compliance systems.
- Develop, refine and implement brokerage policies & procedures.
- Ongoing development and nurturing of Opendoor Brokerage’s relationship with the Department of Real Estate and Local Associations
- Keep real estate forms/document checklists up-to-date.
- Work with the Market Ops Broker as well as Agent Experience Managers to ensure data accuracy and compliance.
- Ensure licensee, office and transaction records are in full compliance and audit ready at all times.
- Work with Sales Enablement to define and monitor successful sales and operations strategies in cooperation with senior management.
- Participate in weekend rotations as the On-Call Broker.
- Provide superior customer support both internally and externally
- Responsible for Objective and Key Results specific to team initiatives as assigned.
- Additional tasks may be assigned based on market needs which may include but are not limited to reviewing and processing solar leases and transfers, HOA applications and transfers and end of month closing validations with fulfillment.
- Willingness to obtain additional state licenses for market expansion and redundancy as needed.
- Strong understanding of the real estate industry and all state and national Fair Housing and real-estate laws to ensure compliance.
- Two+ years experience with brokerage risk management and quality control transaction file review.
- Must have an active real estate broker license in the applicable state(s)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to self-manage, take initiative, yet feel comfortable asking for direction.
- Professional demeanor, high level of attention to detail.
- Technologically savvy and quick learner.
- Full competence or experienced user of Electronic Forms Platforms (ZipForms, TransactionDesk) and Electronic Signature Software Platforms (Docusign, Hellosign).
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description