Senior Marketing Manager, Execution and Management at Cox Enterprises (Providence, RI)
The successful candidate will be a passionate, business customer-centric leader with business management skills, and compelling communication skills (written, oral, and presence). The role will work with various organizational boundary partners (i.e., Sales, Care, Product, Marketing Acquisition and Retention, Product Marketing, Business Operations, Technology, etc.) to design the execution strategy that the team can commercialize and bring to market. The role requires the individual to know how to navigate a highly matrixed environment to drive the team to achieve our desired state. Strong teamwork skills are essential. Must be self-driven, capable of working independently and with teams.
The Senior Manager of Execution and Management reports to the Director of Value Proposition Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Charged with authoring and successfully implementing our SMB Value Proposition execution strategy to create a unique, desirable, and competitive business customer product and experience.
- Own the day-to-day management of the execution strategy that will efficiently and timely bring to market each version.
- Create a program scorecard to monitor, trend, and report on KPIs critical to the success of the program.
- Identify gaps in real-time and value solves by working with cross-functional workgroups to mitigate problems and remain within scope, on time, and on budget. Also, identifies future state opportunities to bring to the design team for upcoming version design.
- Evangelize and stewards the execution strategy.
- Translate design elements of the SMB Value Proposition to pragmatic business solutions for implementation including new and enhanced products and experiences.
- Collaborate with boundary partners (e.g., Technology, Sales, Care) to solve for elements of the design proposal then creates value proposition requirements while safeguarding the outcome meets the needs and solutions of our business customers.
- Leverage industry best practices and internal resources to recommend new and alternate approaches for achieving desired outcomes.
- Lead cross-functional teams from planning to launch.
- Work with Business Operations to manage and remain on budget.
- Serve as source of knowledge and updates for program initiatives when requests come from boundary partners and leadership.
- Co-Develop and co-own the multiyear, near-in & long-term, program roadmap.
- Perform other duties as requested.
What's In It For You
At Cox, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package, 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
We value people more than technology. That means you'll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You'll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree and 8 years of experience in related field (i.e., Operations, Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience) OR MS degree and 6 years of related experience OR Ph.D. and 3 years of related experience OR High School Diploma/GED AND 12 years of related experience
- 3 or more years of operational experience - go-to-market, program execution, forecasting, risk management
- 3 or more years of experience writing business requirements, communication briefs, business case plans, etc.
- Proven experience in the execution of successful go-to-market plans or value propositions
- Ability to lead and manage large, complex projects and programs
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrates capacity to solve problems in real-time
- High level of creativity and attention to detail
- Dedication to meeting project deadlines and budgets
- Experience in developing scorecards and KPIs to measure success
- Excellent leadership, verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, organization, project and time management skills to collaborate effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Experience in operations, product management, marketing or sales operations, program management, or business line management
- Omnichannel qualifications (i.e., experience working in industries both digitally mature and balancing traditional channels)
- Working experience with broad cross functional teams
- B2B management experience
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role
- 3 or more years of experience with hands-on business case execution, go-to-market planning and implementation
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
USD 105,700.00 - 176,100.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.