Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork’s Field and Event Marketing team is seeking a motivated, creative, data driven and highly organized Senior Manager, Partner Marketing to lead Upwork’s industry and category partner strategy to drive client and talent acquisition and growth within key categories. In this role, you’ll support and grow Upwork's relationships with industry associations and strategic partners, and lead a team that helps amplify Upwork's partnerships through thoughtful partner marketing programming. You’ll oversee the development and management of both existing and new partners, helping grow relationships and maximize their value. As a successful Sr. Manager of Partner Marketing, you’ll programmatically drive innovation to support GTM plans through events, programs, and/or campaigns and will develop processes and scalable workstreams for predictability and consistent communication.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is exceptionally organized, driven and able to work cross-functionally to drive partner success, establish priorities and successfully execute multiple projects with ease.Your Responsibilities:
- Define, develop and execute a world-class partner marketing strategy and execution model to build awareness and engagement with Upwork’s key customer categories
- Develop and own the partnership evaluation matrix and playbook
- Lead a high performing team of partner marketing professionals that manage and coordinate day-to-day partner relations and evaluate new or enhanced opportunities with the partners
- Partner closely with sales leadership, marketing, product and talent community teams to identify opportunities to maximize our investment with existing partners
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the integrated marketing, content and communications team to cross-promote content between Upwork and partners and to execution of events, webinars, and sales plays
- Track overall ROI across the full work marketplace
- Industry and association partner alliance management experience, preferably at SaaS company
- Strong executive presence and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who can proactively move priorities forward with minimal supervision, displaying excellent prioritization and time management skills
- High energy with an outgoing, social personality—you love talking to people, building partnerships, and managing relationships
- Willingness to travel several times a year
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, and Google Suite
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.