Senior Director, Public Sector Marketing at Okta
Position Description: Okta is looking for a Director, Public Sector Marketing who loves driving revenue and digging into new Go-To-Market challenges for the Public Sector. Serving all segments of Okta’s business, you will drive growth by developing programs and campaigns for all Public Sector verticals to fuel our global expansion. You are a seasoned growth marketer who thrives in a dynamic environment and moves quickly to build structure and process. You will be comfortable crafting campaign messaging for the public sector, driving a rigorous campaign plan and developing accurate reporting.
The ideal candidate must be a results-oriented marketer that gets things done- a roll up your sleeves type of person who is skilled and competent in both strategy and execution. The role will require a proven ability to effectively work and collaborate with cross-functional internal teams, including sales, marketing, and operations, as well as external partners and vendors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a high performing Public Sector marketing team and create an environment for success, including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Build strategic marketing plans that align Okta solutions with federal market drivers and incorporate various tactics, including various field / regional events, digital programs and campaigns designed to contribute to annual pipeline goals and support sales achievement of revenue objectives.
- Execute on public sector marketing strategy- define, project manage and execute to event program goals, messaging, tactics, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, on site execution, post-show leads processing & follow-up, and other logistics.
- Monitor and facilitate lead funnel management across all activities, and report program results to all stakeholders.
- Manage the creation of various marketing content products that align to federal market drivers, customer needs and Okta solutions.
- Oversee fulfillment house inventory, maintenance and distribution of regional event properties, promotional items and collateral for sales & field events.
- Work closely with strategic field alliance and technology partners to build joint marketing programs and execute co-branded tactics that support public sector strategy and annual revenue goals.
- Effectively work cross-functionally with Okta teams to include sales, sales development representatives, marketing, operations, alliances, PR, legal, and procurement to efficiently and effectively execute plans and achieve goals.
- Clearly communicate public sector marketing strategy, activities, goals and outcomes to all stakeholders, as well as other internal cross-functional teams.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 15+ years marketing leadership experience including leading a team
- 10+ years experience managing and developing integrated marketing campaigns that drive demand, pipeline, and revenue.
- Demonstrated experience in building strategic marketing plans for high-performance federal sales organizations
- Strong history of campaign, program and even creation, management and execution from start to finish, including predicting, measuring and reporting of success metrics/business impact.
- Ability to plan strategically while also executing tactically
- 10+ years of experience marketing to US Federal, State & Local Government, or Education IT audience.
- Experience planning and co-marketing with strategic reseller, distribution, and technology partners.
- Budget Management to include all aspects of pre-event procurement and post-event reconciliation.
- A proven track record of executing complex event programs with varied stakeholders, multiple product lines, and representing various cross teams within the organization.
- Project management experience, including budgets, venue selection, vendor sourcing and management, project plan, event show flow, promotion and registration, content development, on-site management.
- Master of multi-tasking, prioritization, and timelines
- Experience with sales and marketing automation systems – Salesforce and Marketo, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thrives in rapid growth, fast-paced environment and adapts well to change
- Some travel will be required
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.