Reputation Communications Coordinator at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careersJob Description
It’s not every day you get the chance to join a brand-new, standalone function within the Corporate Communications team. Do you want to join a team from the outset and play a critical role in strengthening the reputation of Taylor and Francis? You’ll be pivotal in enabling us to help us achieve our business objectives.
Reporting to the director of reputation management, the role will see you establish a way to track reputational issues to identify risks and opportunities. The essence of this role is “analysis, process and reporting”. You’ll also measure company reputation and implement processes and guidelines for issues triage and response.
This tremendous opportunity will see you work closely with our Publishing Ethics & Integrity team, our social media and press teams, and other corporate communications functions. You will need to be able to build relationships right across the business, but especially in editorial, marketing, and production.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with teams, managing inbound channels to establish best practices and processes for responding (or not) to issues.
- Acting as first-responder to inbound reputational issues coming primarily from media and social media.
- Pulling from existing messaging and positioning statements to draft specific responses to media and social media enquiries.
- Identifying and sharing insights into ongoing and emerging reputational topics, helping to anticipate risks and opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining a high-level understanding of latest trends in reputation management and making recommendations consistent with best practices.
- Establishing and maintaining an issues tracking system.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in market research, market analysis, or similar.
- Experience in process/continuous improvement.
- Experience in communications or marketing.
- A good understanding of the academic publishing industry.
- You’re an analytical thinker and good with qualitative and quantitative data.
- You can think logically and you like defining, implementing, and improving processes.
- You’re organised and can manage several tasks in parallel, each to time.
- A great communicator, you have good verbal, written and presentational communication skills.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development opportunities
Please ensure your application is submitted by the closing date of 19th July 2022
To do this role in the UK you must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note this position is open to all internal candidates globally.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business. Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100. Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by professional authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
We know that sometimes the perfect candidate doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating-supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.