Product Marketing Success Manager
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are looking to hire a Success Manager to join our expanding Product Marketing team. You are someone with excellent writing skills, the ability to synthesize complex details, and a passion for serving educators. In this role, you will work closely with our field teams at Curriculum Associates as they support our educational partners around the country. You will work with a talented team and oversee our response to complex questions about how to explain i-Ready features or to use them most effectively to support student growth. To do well in this role, you need strong interpersonal skills, a very fine eye for detail, and the ability to explain technical information in ways that are understandable and relatable to teachers and school leaders. You are analytical and a creative problem solver, and you enjoy learning something new every day.
- Oversee the team responding to educator questions about how to use i-Ready to support their teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with experts across the organization to answer complicated questions.
- Contribute to maintaining our internal product reference and implementation support resources.
- Build detailed product knowledge in our assessment and instructional products.
- Provide insight to the product development team about educator needs.
- Create compelling educator-facing content to connect product features to benefits and help educators understand how product improvements drive gains for students.
- Experience as a K-8 classroom teacher or professional experience in educational technology.
- Experience managing complex projects or teams.
- Experience creating marketing materials, customer-facing product documentation, or support resources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and well organized
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can multi-task
- Excited by learning new things
- 6-8 years of professional experience.
- Interest or experience in marketing, education, technical communication, or related disciplines.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com.
- Experience working with educational software.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.