Product Marketing Manager at Alation (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:08 a.m. (CST) on Monday, April 25, 2022
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
More than 250 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire and Snowflake Ventures.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Are you motivated by turning complex ideas into simple and persuasive messaging? Do you enjoy working collaboratively and cross functionally with product and sales?
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing marketing programs to increase awareness, sales, adoption and growth of Alation Data Catalog. They will also assist with expanding the Alation Cloud Service business by optimizing the customer experience and communications. They will report to the Director of Cloud and Product Marketing. This role can be located anywhere in the US.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create messaging, sales collateral and enablement for product launches
- Produce blogs, whitepapers, webinars, email, web copy, in-product guides, and more
- Project manage and execute go-to-market campaigns to generate sales opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with demand generation, content marketing, sales, product management, and other teams to build alignment around go-to-market plans
- Perform actionable research and data analysis to identify opportunities, guide decisions and measure performance
- Design, test, and iterate on growth marketing experiments
- Architect and maintain analytic dashboards to assess performance and strategy
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of marketing experience, preferably in B2B product marketing, at a technology company
- Strong project management skills and ability to work systematically
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mindset to interpret and summarize data with actionable insights
- Ability (and desire) to work and learn in a rapidly changing startup environment
- Ability (and desire) to learn new technologies, and how those technologies can and should be used to solve real world problems
- Preferred: existing portfolio of marketing content
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
More Information on Alation
Alation operates in the Database industry. The company is located in Redwood City,, CA. Alation was founded in 2012. It has 411 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 25 open jobs at Alation, click here.
Read Full Job Description