Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Do you have a passion for products that make a positive impact in the world? Are you skilled in crafting positioning and messaging that articulates value throughout the customer journey? Do you want to join a rapidly growing, high-impact team?
At Tala, product marketers are the voices of our customers, the masterminds of our messaging, and the accelerators of customer adoption and retention. You’ll be responsible for developing and delivering customer-centric experiences that build enduring relationships, and drive conversion, engagement, retention, and loyalty.
As a key member of the Tala Product Marketing team, you will be responsible for launching new financial products across our global markets and building exceptional customer experiences grounded in a deep understanding of our customers’ lives. In this role, you will own positioning and messaging, customer journey mapping, retention and retargeting campaigns, and product launches at a global level, working in close partnership with Product Marketers based in the Philippines, Mexico, and Kenya.
What you'll do
- Drive messaging and go-to-market planning of new products and services tied to clearly defined success metrics
- Partner with lifecycle marketing to build, manage, and execute end-to-end customer communications campaigns that lead to measurable KPI growth across conversion, engagement, and retention metrics
- Identify improvements to messaging, initiate experiments to test hypotheses, analyze results, and iterate as needed
- Spearhead product positioning and messaging for new product launches, grounded in brand principles and market insights
- Build cross-functional partnership and operational alignment across diverse teams including Product Management, Insights, Design, Brand, and Customer Experience
- Articulate product value to customers across channels in a way that builds loyalty and drives outsized impact
- Define user segments and create tailored campaigns for key customer personas
- Develop deep understanding of customer needs through surveys, interviews, and analysis of product usage data to build messaging that resonates deeply
- 3+ years experience in Product Marketing, Growth or Product Development, with demonstrated expertise in launching new products and driving customer growth, adoption, and retention.
- Deep experience managing mobile marketing campaigns (push, SMS, in-app channels) using modern marketing and CRM tools
- Demonstrated ability of creating effective go-to-market (GTM) plans and project managing across cross-functional teams through execution
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with distributed teams
- Capable consumer of modern analytics tools; strong ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Strong writing skills and careful attention to detail
- Natural problem solver and thoughtful marketer
- Self-started, solution-oriented, and can-do attitude
- Understanding of the global digital lending/ banking and/or consumer mobile ecosystem (preferred)
- Hands-on experience launching and scaling products for developing markets (preferred)
- Competent in using Braze or similar marketing CRM (preferred)
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.