As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
In the Competitive Intelligence Manager role, you will own the strategy for helping all internal teams understand how the CXA category and ActiveCampaign solution are differentiated from the rest. This is a strategic, high-impact Product Marketing role that will own competitive intelligence inside and out. This means, we want you to become the expert on how ActiveCampaign should position its products and services to beat the competition, and work closely with our Product Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success and Sales Teams to drive differentiation and growth with key audiences.
What your day could consist of:
- Performing research, both qualitative and quantitative, to better understand our competitive landscape in terms of offerings, roadmaps, strategy, messaging, and GTM strategies
- Conducting SWOT analysis, writing competitive battlecards and win/loss analysis to enable teams throughout the organization
- Developing programs to educate our internal teams about how to drive up our win rates
- Developing processes and recommending tools and methods that ensure competitive messaging is centralized, and easy to find, update, search, etc.
- Working with our Product Marketing team, developing differentiated messaging & positioning for ActiveCampaign backed by customer evidence
- Developing and maintaining competitive landscape content on our website, in presentations, on demos and on other high visibility assets
- Formulating and executing competitive campaigns in conjunction with the revenue marketing teams
- Attending key competitor & industry events, analyzing press coverage and announcements and reporting on meaningful findings
What is needed:
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS marketing experience, with 3+ years of experience in industry marketing and/or product marketing positions
- Marketing automation software experience or B2B platform experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative info and distilling into actionable key takeaways
- Excellent competitive messaging and positioning skills
- Deep experience writing external-facing marketing copy for use in websites, collateral, and other channels
- Strong planning and organizational skills required, with experience working closely with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter with independent decision making, as well as ensuring operational delivery and having a "hands on" approach when necessary
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.