Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Marketing and Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Marketing & Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organisation. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, integrated communications, including owned content, including our blogs and social media, paid content and earned media and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Principal, Product Marketing
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for the marketing strategy for a new financial product launch in the APAC region. They will organize promotional efforts directed toward existing and potential customers around the "why," "what," and "when" of everything we build for this line of business. They use their understanding of the product and knowledge of retail-crypto markets, customers, and competitors to clearly explain the unique value the product brings. The PMM uses the product marketing strategy, in concert with Gemini’s overall marketing strategy, to manage the product’s go-to-market in APAC, expand the offering to other regions, and to support the product’s ongoing success. The PMM’s efforts lay out the work required to deliver something new — launch a product, introduce a feature, or expand into a new market.
- Set go-to-market strategy for product launches and new market expansion
- Maintain a current understanding of customer preferences, competitor offerings (including in DeFi), and market trends
- Work closely with Product Managers to create positioning and messaging that resonate with the target audience
- Communicate and coordinate proactively among Marketing channel leads, Product, Design, and Customer Support to continuously improve how we market our existing feature set
- Develop an analytical framework to measure and report on the performance of product marketing initiatives
- Work and coordinate with the APAC and other regional teams in rolling out and executing global campaigns and strategies
- Be obsessed with the crypto financial product industry and constantly think of ways to better distribute our products to a larger audience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience working with product or marketing teams for a consumer product or service
- Deep knowledge of the marketing strategy, channels, tactics, and operations for financial products in the APAC region
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and go-to-market planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and extreme comfort with spreadsheet-based analysis
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple projects at once
- A strong interest in crypto and blockchain
- Experience with marketing tactics including SEO, SEM, programmatic ads, social media, PR, email, events, sponsorships, or content
- Experience working in crypto/blockchain or fintech
- Familiarity with marketing data flows and our martech stack, including Branch, Braze, Contentful, Google Analytics, Looker, Mixpanel, mParticle, Salesforce, and Unbounce
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.