Marketing Data Analyst
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are looking to hire a Marketing Data Analyst to join our expanding Digital Marketing team. You are someone with a curiosity for mining data and identifying outliers within the data, an ability to connect data patterns and relationships across multiple data sources, and a passion for ensuring data quality. You can find data abnormalities, troubleshooting solutions, and figure out ways to ensure data hygiene and accuracy.
This is an operational role in which you will have responsibility for managing our various data sets, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. You will support the team in analyzing campaigns and marketing initiatives that build our brand and thought leadership, drive leads for our sales teams, and support program implementations. To do well in this role, you need a very fine eye for detail and a knack for spotting data patterns that tell a story or may raise questions. You have a passion for data and knowledge of some of the popular data analysis and business intelligence (BI) tools. You are an analytical and a creative problem solver, who enjoys tackling many kinds of data challenges head-on.
The impact you'll have:
- Manage email list segmentation for demand generation, nurture, and Account-Based Marketing (ABM) initiatives.
- Analyze, measure, and report on key performance indicators that tie to marketing and business objectives.
- Provide marketing operational support that includes the creation of campaign records in Salesforce, and tracking URL's for advertising media using Google Analytics UTM parameters to enable tracking of web traffic sources.
- Clean and transform lead data files from marketing events, conferences, advertising partners, as well as other types of data files into normalized data templates, as needed.
- Track and maintain marketing campaign-related data needed to enable reporting of advertising campaign performance and identify abnormalities in the data that may lead to inconsistencies in stakeholder reporting.
- Communicate directly with advertising partners to ensure correct tracking of ad-media and to obtain campaign performance data on a regular basis.
- Present insights and recommendations based on data analysis of advertising, web traffic, and content engagement patterns to help improve campaign performance.
- Work with stakeholders to create and maintain marketing and business line reports, analyses, and dashboards, using our business intelligence tool.
- Manage data entry and ongoing contact tracking of our customer advocates across product development, marketing, and research – who they are and how they are engaging with us.
What we're looking for:
- You have mid-level experience in marketing or related disciplines, including familiarity with common digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- A degree or certificate in Business, Mathematics/Data Analytics, Computer Science or Managing Information Systems preferred
- You are an exceptional communicator, both verbally and in written correspondence.
- You have at least an intermediate Excel skill to manipulate, data mine, clean, and analyze information using formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- You have some experience in using CRM, marketing automation, and ABM platforms (i.e. Salesforce, Eloqua, Pardot, RollWorks preferred)
- You are quite familiar with SQL
We'd also love to see:
- Familiarity with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Familiarity with analyzing data from video platforms such as Vidyard
- Experience using DOMO (business intelligence visualization)
Location: This role will be based out of our North Billerica, MA office. Strong remote candidates will be considered.