Manager Marketing Analytics B2C
As the Manager, Marketing Analytics, you will be a key member of the Business Intelligence team responsible for Cox Communications' B2C efforts to develop an analytically driven unified media/message mix and comprehensive marketing investment optimization strategy. Combining the knowledge of investment and impact modeling, advanced analytical skills, as well as a solid aptitude of the media landscape, will enable Cox to improve its marketing efficiency and media effectiveness. This Manager will partner with external and internal teams, including measurement partners, media agencies, media planning & execution, strategy, and creative stakeholders. This member will lead the day-to-day management of high-impact initiatives to deliver on Cox's marketing optimization learning agenda.
What You Will Do
- Drive execution and play a key role on the marketing measurement team by assisting in the management of Cox's data-driven unified cross-media marketing impact analysis to help address marketing challenges and improve effectiveness
- Provide thought leadership and strategic thinking to translate business problems into analytical framework(s) and independently recommend actions and provide business insights
- Project manage the day-to-day relationship of external marketing mix modeling partner, including ongoing data collection and validation across data sources, management of ongoing learning agendas, and developing executive-ready marketing effectiveness read-outs
- Partner with agencies and internal media teams leverage analytic solutions that deliver insights that help the organization understand historical marketing performance and recommendations for future optimization opportunities
- Support the strategic planning process by providing forecasts, analysis, and direction on marketing investment and messaging strategies
- Perform quality checks on modeling activities to ensure validity and business sense
- Manage Senior Data Analyst by setting priorities and providing daily oversight, support, and coaching
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 6years'experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 4years' experience; a Ph.D.and 1 year of experience; or 10years'experience in a related field
- Solid knowledge of the media & technology landscape as it pertains to advertising, including experience working with media agencies, online & offline buying
- Self-motivated to take initiative and maintain high expectations for quality work that delivers on needs of internal/external stakeholders
- A self-starter eager to take on new challenges
- Provides accurate, consistent numbers in a usable format and on a timely basis. Work requires little or no checking
- Effective at prioritizing and managing multiple complex projects while working independently
- Strong project management skills to develop structured workflows and keep cross-functional internal teams on-track against key milestones to achieve common goals
- Exceptional numerical and statistical ability, with ability to notice patterns in data and turn them into useful insights
- Creative thinker offering innovative and out-of-the-box solutions to complex problems
- Ability to break down and connect disparate data sources into an organized data infrastructure to support complex analytic platforms
- Apply strong understanding of research principles to strategic business questions in ways that reflect excellent problem-solving and advanced analytic skills
- Strong collaborative skills to work effectively with teams across the organization
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to the situation, be flexible, resourceful, and nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet
- 5+ years of analytic experience in attribution and/or marketing mix modeling
- 2 or more years of experience in leading complex, cross functional projects
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
USD 104,900.00 - 174,700.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.