Manager, Consumer Insights and Marketing Analytics at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Minneapolis, MN)
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link’s Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.Job Description
Join Jack Link's as a Manager of Consumer Insights and Marketing Analytics. This role is responsible for helping lead consumer research and applying data/analytics to grow the Jack Link’s portfolio. As a key member of the marketing team, reporting to the Director of Consumer Insights and Marketing Analytics, this person is responsible for supporting strategies, and developing and executing best-in-class learning to address a variety of business issues. This Manager will collaborate closely with the Director to uncover and synthesize insights across our brands into compelling stories, recommendations, and dashboards to guide decision making.
This position supports consumer learning on core and new businesses as well as partners with the Business Insights & Analytics Team to integrate syndicated and primary learning into recommendations. Candidates that enjoy working on a breadth of initiatives, using a variety of data, insights and analytics are well suited for this role. We want to further leverage our internal data and build out consumer insight capabilities across the organization. This position involves working across the organization to influence decision making and overseeing day to day research on the businesses.
Oversee and Lead Research
- Develop RFPs, screeners, key business questions, research approaches, syntheses, and implications.
- Use quantitative/qualitative data, insights, and marketplace learning to uncover consumer needs.
- Pilot new methods/approaches to understand consumers naturally, in-context.
- Manage sensory tasting research projects, where needed.
Develop and Maintain Marketing Analytic Tools
- Help build and maintain marketing analytic models, tools, and dashboards.
- Implement standard analytic approaches to evaluating retail, marketing, and E-com activities, including identification of efficiency & effectiveness improvement areas.
- Help drive understanding of digital analytics.
Develop Actionable Recommendations
- Excel at insight analysis and synthesis to provide actionable implications to drive business.
- Lead and support strategic research initiatives to build foundational knowledge for organization.
- Develop and communicate compelling and engaging stories to influence decision making.
Collaborate and Partner with Cross-Functional Teams
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Lead Marketing and R&D teams through learning journeys to uncover insights and implications.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers, contractors, and other marketing team members to accomplish objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher.
- 7+ plus years in insights, with experience in custom qualitative and quantitative consumer research.
- 3+ years exposure, experience and understanding various analytical tools and syndicated data analyses.
- Prior client-side experience (e.g., working for CPG/Food & Bev/Service industry on cross-functional team).
- Analytical capabilities- ability to merge multiple data sources and effectively develop insights and conclusions.
- Experience with applying marketing mix models.
- Ability to tell an engaging story - a clear oral and written communicator.
- Comfortable in dynamic and agile work environment, demonstrating potential to adjust in process.
- Demonstrates high degree of initiative to learn and is curious about the consumer.
- Enjoys projects that are ambiguous and less defined; finds creating something new energizing.
- Experience with influencing cross-functional teams using consumer insights to inform decisions.
- Willing to be “hands on” with executing research and at the same time shape strategy and business outcomes.
- Open to travel based on learning needs of organization (less than 25% of time).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.