Head of Brand & Product Marketing at Opendoor (San Francisco, CA)
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:35 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
The Opendoor Marketing team is seeking an experienced and highly strategic marketer to lead our integrated Brand and Product Marketing teams.
As the Head of Brand and Product Marketing, you’ll be a key member of the Opendoor leadership team charting the future of how people feel about and find value from Opendoor. You will sit on the marketing and product leadership teams, report to the Head of Marketing, and lead a 10+ team of marketers. Your leadership will be critical to our ability to achieve our vision of drastically simplifying the real-estate transaction, redefining the housing market, and making buying and selling a home as easy as the tap of a button.
In this role, you will consistently draw upon your brand storytelling capabilities to help make Opendoor a household name, as well as your experience in traditional product marketing functions with an emphasis on go-to-market. Success in this role requires seeing the big picture, digging deep into insights, defining effective go-to-market plans, and building programs and teams to scale. You should enjoy collaborating with the Growth Marketing, Creative, Product, and Operations leaders. You will be responsible for conceiving and proposing marketing strategies, creative concepts, and execution plans for online and offline campaigns; and leading GTM for new product launches to drive Opendoor’s awareness and performance goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the Brand & Product Marketing strategy to help Opendoor achieve its vision of drastically simplifying the real-estate transaction, redefine the housing market, and make buying and selling a home as easy as the tap of a button
- Lead, develop and inspire a large team of marketers (10+) who partner with our product, design, research, and operations teams to build, launch, and scale valuable products for our customers
- Deeply understand and articulate Opendoor’s target customer, fully immersing yourself in competitive products, trends, and opportunities within the real estate space
- Lead Opendoor brand positioning and execution of breakthrough marketing campaigns that build brand awareness, affinity, and product adoption
- Lead GTM strategy and product marketing activities including needs assessment, segmentation, positioning, and key product and launches for our consumer and business products
- Partner closely with Research and Design to uncover new insights and consumer trends to drive the marketing plan forward and support the product roadmap.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 15+ years of experience building world-class, category-defining brands
- Ability to hire, lead, and develop word-class teams
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional leadership to drive company strategy
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to guide, evaluate, and if necessary, redirect strategy
- Strong grasp of the creative development process, leading strategy end to end from research to execution. Comfortable working with internal creative teams and external creative agencies
- Ability to extract insights from multiple data sources, and make informed decisions that balance the art and science required to build lasting brands
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description