Director of Product Marketing, DevOps at Atlassian
Atlassian is looking for a world-class Director of Product Marketing to lead our DevOps suite of products and partners, including Jira Software, Bitbucket, Confluence, Compass, Status page, Ops Genie, and our ecosystem. Reporting to the VP of product marketing, you will be responsible for leading a team of product marketers and technical evangelists charged with driving our GTM strategy.
The way products are built and distributed is changing fast and Atlassian is leading the way. Product marketing at Atlassian sits in the middle of product, design, engineering and almost every function in marketing. From aware to active, brand campaigns to BOFU, SEO to SEM, events to experiments, launches and PR, leading an Atlassian PMM team gives you the chance to be part of almost every function in a modern marketing team.
What you'll do:
- Build, inspire, manage and lead a best-in-class, diverse team of product marketers and technical evangelists to drive GTM strategy and messaging.
- Be an expert on our products and our customers, and ensure your team is too.
- Own the product marketing fundamentals: messaging, buyer/user personas, product launches, competitive intelligence, market research, segmentation, win/loss analysis, and more.
- Work with Product Management to create a seamless experience, removing pain points and boosting conversion. Be your customers' advocate.
- Inspire action through data-driven insights (market assessments, competitive benchmarking) and drive your teams to execute with operational rigor and efficiency. Turn these into tools and strategies that help drive Atlassian's BHAG of 100 million MAU
- Be an active partner with the Sales teams to deliver training, content, and support for them to reach their goals
What you'll need to bring:
- 8 years of Marketing, GTM Strategy, and/or Campaign Management experience in a high growth software company - ideally focused on defining value propositions and product messaging.
- At least 2 years managing a growing team of product marketers with added bonus if you have managed developer evangelists.
- Entrepreneurial Zeal: From leading a creative brainstorm to staying up on the newest growth hacking techniques, the ability to think outside the box and tackle problems you haven't encountered before is a must
- Curiosity: Software development is ever changing. Having the desire to challenge yourself with keeping up with modern software trends will make you very successful in this role
- Charisma: You will need to influence cross-functional teams and get them excited about and invested in your projects and campaigns
- Decision Making Ability: Deftness in prioritizing among competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities, and articulating the rationale behind decisions to other stakeholders
- Proven Excellence in:
- Written and verbal communication
- Creativity and problem solving ability
- BS/BA degree, CS experience preferred
More about our team
You'll enjoy working in a fun, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment with sharp people on a like-minded mission. We take pride in playing as a team and contributing to the success of the company by throwing our combined weight behind the continued exponential growth of our products. The team you'll be working with appreciates data-driven discussions, candid feedback, genuine empathy, and a passion for pushing the envelope. We care deeply about the products, but even more so about one another, and truly believe that as a team there is nothing we cannot accomplish. If you're interested in joining the ranks of a hungry product marketing team that's determined to raise the bar and create one-of-a-kind experiences for our users, then we've been waiting for you.
Atlassian is creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.