At Cybereason, we empower organizations around the world to take an entirely new approach to cybersecurity. Regardless of your role here, you will play an integral part in helping to empower our customers to reverse the attackers’ advantage and end attacks from endpoint to everywhere. Our deep understanding and embodiment of our Core Values unites us as an organization and empowers us to put our best foot forward. Each day we strive to win as one, be daring, evolve, and never, ever, give up as we work on our shared mission.
Throughout our global organization, whether working from remote, hybrid or in an office, we foster a culture that embraces all people, empowering each of us to be us (#UbU).
If you’re looking to join an organization deeply rooted in their values that empowers their employees to do their best work, whatever that work might be, come join (us)!
About the Role:
Cybereason is looking for someone with passion who believes in our mission to empower defenders and reverse the adversary advantage. This candidate should be a highly motivated and experienced marketer interested in joining our team as the Director of Event Marketing. The Director of Event Marketing will own the development and execution of key global Corporate Events to drive brand awareness, audience, build pipeline, achieve attendee revenue goals, and help build brand loyalty for Cybereason. These events are virtual, in-person, and hybrid. The role also includes some specific internal events. This position has an event manager reporting to them.
The ideal candidate will bring their best self to the role to help set the strategy for major events for the business while being accountable for the budget. This role will involve global travel. The candidate should have honed skills in customer-facing event promotional and marketing tactics; working directly with internal stakeholders and managing vendor and agency relationships. It requires a hands-on approach from start-to-finish, resulting in strong audience acquisition with an eye toward driving demand. This professional will work equally well at the strategic and tactical levels with agility and precision, master both the creative and analytical, and manage multiple, fast-moving projects with ease. Like events themselves, our team is dynamic, accountable, and adaptable. We are metrics-driven, creative, daring, and work hard at all levels to help each other and win as one.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate a keen interest in our mission and technology to help expand our brand reach through events.
- Create multi-channel event marketing plans by researching, analyzing, and defining target audience requirements; analyzing competitors’ offerings; and understanding Cybereason’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee and execute strategic marketing plans for Cybereason events considering activations that optimize the customer journey across multiple channels, including email, newsletters, social media, public relations, display advertising, search and print channels.
- Have a proven track record for working cross functionally in marketing to evaluate, channel, offer, creative, landing pages and customer communication.
- Own copy and creative execution for event promotions that demonstrate a deep understanding of attendees’ motivations and conversion triggers.
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize the user experience so that it reflects the editorial content and messaging for each event.
- Excel at cross-group collaboration and have proven experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside of Cybereason.
- Manage external agency relationships.
- Oversee and manage the event budget and reconciliation
- Report to key stakeholders on event strategy, the behaviors and interests of attendees, and ways to improve engagement and drive continual optimization for future events. Generate ideas to test new ways of driving leads and increase registrations.
- Collaborate with the internal team to optimize UX, traffic, and website content as appropriate.
- Set the success criteria, measure and report the impact of each event on awareness, engagement, and pipeline metrics.
- Develop innovative ideas for creating engaging and unique attendee experiences.
- Travel as needed for events. Estimated expected travel is 25%.
This role reports to the VP of Corporate Communications & Customer Marketing
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, marketing communications, related field of study, or equivalent job experience.
- 5-7 years working in marketing with experience managing large corporate events.
- Solid understanding of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, social media listening tools, audience segmentation, and surveys to optimize user funnels and landing pages.)
- Demonstrated collaboration skills, with experience working across multiple stakeholders, leadership, and external agencies.
- Excellent project management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in strategically identifying and growing high-quality leads for event attendance.
Cybereason is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Who we are, our culture and how we operate reflects in our shared values. Our #Defenders are individuals with diverse skill sets and backgrounds who are driven to innovate and scale with our growing organization. We are a team that strives to learn from each other, solve challenging problems, and work collaboratively toward our goal of reversing the adversary advantage.
- Win As One: The power of an individual is less than the power of a team.
- Ever Evolving: Change keeps us at the forefront, so we encourage it.
- Daring: To achieve the impossible, we must dare to be different.
- Obsessed with Customers: We believe gaining our customers’ trust is the most important part of what we do.
- Never Give Up: We are tenacious and resilient, and we never stop.
- UbU: We believe people can only unlock their full potential when they work somewhere that accepts who they are.
If these values resonate with you and our vision excites you, join us today and help us end cyber attacks from the endpoint to everywhere! #Defenders
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Cybereason we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace (#uBu), so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.