Digital Acquisitions Strategy Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
We are seeking a dynamic Digital Acquisitions Strategy Manager who wants to be a part of our Global Strategy team within our fast-paced, groundbreaking Digital Acquisitions Strategy and Operations team (DASO). We are seeking an individual who has a proven track record for managing complex operations while building exceptional relationships. This person will act as a key partner in creating strategic approaches for managing multi-faceted digital campaigns across paid media and email channels. They will create clear guidance for teams in multiple regions to plan, develop and execute complex activations that leverage paid media best practices, creative best practices while apply account based marketing and industry approaches to the work.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in contributing to global strategies in a B2B environment. They have a proven track record of meeting stakeholder goals. They have expertise or familiarity in at least two or more areas within the digital advertising landscape (primarily display programmatic, SEM, paid social ads, analytics and attribution).
What you get to do in this role:
- Work with Campaigns teams, Field Marketing, ABM and other internal teams at ServiceNow to understand their digital needs and best metrics for success
- Translate client strategy into digital acquisition strategy, providing playbooks for optimal targeting, bidding and inventory strategy.
- Work with external partners such as ad technology companies and ad agencies to facilitate all client needs and evolve digital acquisition strategy
- Own process of developing, updating and evangelizing key strategic playbooks (including ABM, Industries, Creative Best Practices, etc.)
- Contribute to ongoing department reporting and strategic deliverables
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5+ years of B2B strategy planning
- Experience running large scale programs in complex environments
- Expertise in B2B ABM and Industry approaches
- Expertise in the digital advertising landscape and related technologies
- Familiarity with Google Campaign Manager, DV360, SA360, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Adobe Analytics, Tableau or similar ad tech and BI tools is a plus
- Familiarity with the execution of digital advertising campaigns
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, relationship builder
- Strong experience developing operational workflows
- Self-starter and highly organized manager of marketing programs
- Comfort with business analytics and producing data-driven insights and reporting
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.