Content Marketing Manager at 2U
What We’re Looking For:
The Content Marketing Manager drives the ideation and development of content assets to meet search engine optimization demands (including link-building and keyword-driven targets) with the goal of increasing organic visibility and driving traffic to 2U-owned domains. The Content Manager leads a team of writers and associate managers through the content development process while also coordinating content with internal and external stakeholders. The Content Manager monitors the work of individual contributors — writers and copy editors — throughout the editorial process, using data and insights to measure and communicate performance.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Oversee the strategy, development, and production of a variety of online content central to organic marketing strategy — including stories, infographics and data visualizations — for use across multiple sites, maintaining high-quality standards and brand identity guidelines.
- Support content regeneration efforts to maximize returns from existing assets, implementing strategies that can range from recommending new asset types to thoughtfully optimizing existing content pieces in order to increase and measure ROI.
- Lead and develop a team of producers and associate content managers. Drive efficiency by coaching and training producers in creating content and developing strategy that meets business needs by giving editorial feedback and direction.
- Establish and measure relevant content metrics related to competency and performance of your team.
- Maintain the quality and monitor the timing of content by reviewing story ideas, preparing content for publication, enforcing SEO/Content Marketing best practices, and monitoring metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Participate in planning and execution of keyword-driven content production strategy, ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow with other 2U marketing teams such as SEO and Content Design.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience in writing/editing for SEO, demonstrates strong understanding of best practices and using tools such as Ahrefs, Majestic, Google Analytics, and BrightEdge to gather insights and drive content strategy.
- An editorial mindset that seeks to understand different audiences and how to connect with them.
- 1+ year of people management experience, including supervising and mentoring writers in a leadership role.
- 7+ years experience editing and writing marketing content; able to write quickly and concisely for non-technical audiences; writing samples required. Experience with the Higher Education industry is a bonus.
- In-depth knowledge of The Associated Press Stylebook and The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Ability to recognize quality writing and edit, fact-check, proofread and revise as necessary.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills.
- Willingness to take on any task — big or small.
- Thoughtful, concise and persuasive communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to different work styles and shifting deadlines.
- Ability to think out of the box and find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed.
- Experience or willingness to work with team members remotely.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple assignments.
- Ability to improve processes for efficiency.
- Multitasking skills, particularly to prioritize and manage assignments simultaneously.
- Openness to feedback and direction.
- Ability to remain organized and push projects forward without much oversight.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $90,000, with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.