Communications Manager at Canonical (Charlotte, NC)
Canonical is looking for a Communications Manager, who orchestrate the growing awareness of Canonical and its products among its core audiences: technology enthusiasts, software professionals, enterprise decision makers. This is unique opportunity to join a brand known as one of the leaders in open-source and cloud native.
This role will involve close partnership with the Product Management function within the company, as well as the Partnerships team and the Sales and Marketing teams, to communicate key product news and announcements and manage perception of Canonical and its range of products, including Ubuntu.
The Communications manager will coordinate internal and external resources, working with in-house resources and with agencies depending on geography, to promote press releases and product updates, support live events and assist the Director of Communications with corporate news and the public image of Canonical
As a Communications Manager you will:
- Prepare and execute communications plans for product announcements, new partnerships etc
- Monitor perception and sentiment of Canonical and its products, and create campaigns to increase positive perception among relevant audiences
- Manage media relationships directly and through third-party agencies
- Create and present reports on communications activities, and track and manage PR spend.
- Direct communications elements of live and virtual events.
- Coordinate with Social Media and Marketing teams on unified campaigns
- Support Product and the Web team in the creation of supporting materials for news and announcements
- Support the Director of Communications on Corporate Communications initiatives
The successful Communications Manager will have:
- Experience of managing technology communications (agency or in-house)
- Existing media relations in their geography
- A track record of delivering innovative and successful communications campaigns in the technology space.
- Experience of cloud/SaaS/open source technology an advantage
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills in English
- Additional language skills and experience of multinational communications an advantage
- Growth mindset - enthusiasm for challenges and strong work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Objectivity and openness to others' views while continuously building a positive team spirit
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, and/or demonstration of professional competencies and qualifications
- Track record of delivering strong results and innovation in the technology area or SAAS.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.