Communications Lead at GlossGenius (Remote)
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small businesses owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the role
As the Communications Lead at GlossGenius, you’ll be the founding member of the Communications team. In this role, you’ll help create and maintain our internal communications program and develop best practices for company-wide communication. You’ll also work with external PR consultants on broader communications and consistency of messaging. You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams to improve employee engagement, share important business updates, and foster a culture of transparency as the organization continues to grow.
What You’ll Do
- Write and edit clear, consistent and timely employee-facing communications on behalf of various stakeholders
- Source, draft, and deliver a variety of internal communications including email newsletters, intranet content, live company-wide messages and more
- Design high-impact communication strategies for our recurring events, including town halls, all-hands meetings, long term planning discussions and other internal events
- Collaborate with team members to showcase employer brand and engagement through a variety of channels, including but not limited to social media
- Work with the people team to analyze employee feedback data and adapt the tools and strategies of internal communications accordingly
- Develop and manage agency partnerships with regards to company announcements and PR initiatives
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in Communications, at least 2 years in Internal Communications
- Experience creating communications for a diverse and global employee population
- Demonstrated ability to generate fresh, sustainable, fun and creative communications ideas
- Strong ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.