Brand Strategy Director at Vonage (Remote)
We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented organization that produces and delivers the content Vonage needs to entice, educate, engage with, and sell to customers around the world. We connect with the external marketplace through all media including print, digital, and social. Our team leverages deep industry, market, and customer data into actionable insights and marketing strategies. We are creative and collaborative, striving to translate how Vonage’s products and services can meet the needs of our current and future customers.Why this role matters
We are looking for a strategic, highly organized, and results-oriented leader to support our brand. A cross-functional collaborator and creative thinker, the Director, Brand Strategy will work with our marketing, sales, and product teams to bring our brand, messaging, and products to life in exciting and innovative ways across various channels (digital advertising, OOH, events, presentations, etc).
This seasoned brand marketer is responsible for communicating, protecting, and growing the Vonage brand. Reporting to the VP of Content, Brand, and Creative, the ideal candidate for this role will have the creative chops to drive new concepts and approaches, the data-driven mindset required to continually measure and improve the efficacy of our brand campaigns, and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment. In addition to managing brand-level campaigns, this person will take a lead role in developing our brand studies, managing our brand architecture and product naming processes, and keep their finger on the pulse of market trends and competitor positioning.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...What you'll do
- Drive brand consistency and the adoption of brand standards across the organization, working in partnership with key cross-functional teams
- Deeply understand our audiences and their current perceptions of our brand to inform the creation of marketing materials (advertising, content, booth messaging, presentations, etc) that will help us hit our business goals in the short and long term.
- Perform regular competitive and audience audits to ensure our brand outreach stays cohesive, provocative, and memorable.
- Work with our internal research team and external agencies to execute brand studies to track brand awareness and perception metrics.
- Manage the development of brand-level campaigns and creative assets with our in-house team and external agencies.
- Manage our brand architecture and collaborate with Product Marketing to streamline our product packaging and naming processes.
- Improve project management across the team, driving continuous process optimization and making recommendations for efficiencies.
- Together with the Creative Director, lead agency briefings to extend the capacity of our internal teams and ensure the development of purposeful, strategic, high-quality assets.
- Provide brand-level support and review for various marketing activities such as: booth signage, sales presentations and pitch decks, customer advisory boards, partner marketing activities, field campaigns, social media programs, digital advertising, etc.
- Extensive experience in Brand marketing and strategy
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual skills, with an ability to create high-quality content and messaging
- Demonstrated success in capturing target audiences through engaging content
- Experience with naming products and managing a complex brand architecture
- Data-driven mindset
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach to strategy and projects
- Project management and prioritization skills
- Passion for the craft of storytelling and the process for producing it
- Creative mindset that embraces strategy, sweats the details, and thrives on developing creative solutions
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.