Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
At Upwork, we are looking for an Associate Manager to grow our Account Based Marketing (ABM) team. The ABM program’s mission is to fuel growth within our top business customers through high-touch, customizable campaigns. In this role, you will be the strategic consultant to Sales partners and be responsible for driving high-impact demand generation campaigns.
You will work closely with multiple cross-functional partners within Sales, Customer Success, Sales Enablement, Events, Content Marketing, Marketing Automation, Creative, and Analytics to identify audiences and opportunities, execute campaigns, measure impact, and share learnings.
In this role, you will help to shape a growing and high-visibility program for Upwork. This is a great fit if you: have strong interpersonal skills, thrive working in a dynamic environment, and you can balance critical thinking, creative problem solving, and exceptional organization and follow-through.Your Responsibilities:
- Act as an extension of the account team for each of your target accounts/audiences to build trust, make thoughtful recommendations, and lead ABM Plays to drive growth. This includes joining team meetings, leading standups with Sales partners, call listening, and company research. You’ll be the go-to person for your Sales partners on all things Marketing, including ABM.
- Plan and execute ABM and demand generation strategy. You’ll be able to work from a core set of proven Plays, which you’ll be encouraged to adapt and build upon based on priorities and needs.
- Own Salesforce campaign management, audience targeting, and budgets for each of your accounts.
- Partner with design and copy partners to create and maintain custom, on-brand assets to support your Plays. (Think: 1-sheeters, videos, even custom landing pages!)
- Continuously source feedback from Sales and proactively share with the team so we can all learn from each other and evolve our Playbook.
- Proactively identify new opportunities (from process improvements to new campaign tactics) and develop actionable plans to bring to life.
- Marketing background, ideally B2B and/or experience working with a Sales organization
- Enthusiasm for project management and cross-functional collaboration, and ability to adjust to various communication styles and build relationships across teams
- Eye for design and familiarity working with brand and messaging guidelines, ideally for an Enterprise audience
- Experience planning and executing multi-touch marketing/demand generation campaigns, including channels such as email, virtual events, direct mail, social
- Working experience with Salesforce and interest in working with CRMs and project management tools
- Receptive to partner feedback, and demonstrated ability to test, learn, and optimize processes
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.