Manufacturing - Quality Intern
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Matter.
As an organization we are committed to developing the next generation of Makers and Bakers. Joining us at an early career stage in our fast paced and ever changing environment will enable you to do more, learn more and grow more. You will be encouraged to step outside your comfort zone- you may even surprise yourself! We will ensure you are given the support you need to be at your best and enable you to be yourself and bring passion and personality. Here you can lean in and speak up and bring your own flavor.
Mondelēz International was recognized as one of the Top 100 Intern Programs in the US in 2023.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems, and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious, finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain. Our internship assignments focus on practical, value-added projects, and related experiences that teach how operations production drives value throughout the organization. This includes:
- Delivers overall Quality targets and owns Quality results for assigned production line(s).
- Ensures Food Safety the of the assigned production line(s) by implementing the relevant legal & Corporate Requirements (HACCP, GMP, etc.).
- Assures product quality for assigned production line(s) by ensuring the testing all relevant properties of established and new raw materials, packaging materials, processes, semi-finished products and finished products in accordance with local and corporate SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- Establishing statistical confidence, and statistical reliability while developing sampling plans that maintain statistical process controls.
- Analyzing and summarizing data by completing hypotheses to provide reports and making recommendations.
- Determining quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Conduct Allergen Validations and Changeover Cleaning Verifications.
- Coordinating sensory panels for assigned production line(s).
- Managing the calibration & verification program for laboratory equipment and organizing the sampling and shipping of products and swabs for testing by external laboratories.
- Managing the hold and release of raw / packaging materials and finished products.
- Complete investigations for Serious Complaints related to Food Safety and drive improvements in overall complaints for assigned production line(s).
- Identify, participate, facilitate, or support Operations for Quality related RCA's Manage Corrective and Preventive Action Program for assigned production line(s).
- Research and propose new analytical equipment and methods to drive improvement and reliability.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in: Food Science, Engineering, Biology, Quality or other relevant sciences.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree with a preferred expected graduation date between December 2024 and May 2025.
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Mondelēz International (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status.
The ideal candidate displays some of the following characteristics:
- Strong leadership potential and student leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills and resilience.
- Adaptable, with interpersonal savvy and engaged in diverse extracurricular activities.
- Demonstrating a growth mindset, agility, integrity, and a vision for the future.
- Strong cognitive abilities, willingness to learn, and data pattern recognition.
- Driven, curious, and ready to make a positive impact.
- Subsidized, fully furnished housing for the Summer (For those who qualify)
- Roundtrip travel covered at the beginning and end of the internship
- Full-Time conversion opportunities upon graduation
- The expected compensation weekly pay ranges for interns is $1,000 - $1,300.
- Compensation rates for Summer Interns is pre-determined and non-negotiable.
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, weproduce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands-including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz , Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products -are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Intern (Fixed Term)