Ontra is a global legal technology company that supports leading financial services companies with their high volume, legal contract work. Using your legal expertise in conjunction with Ontra’s cloud-based app, Ontra Freelance Lawyers support and engage directly with clients’ in-house legal teams by negotiating and drafting their high-volume contracts. Lawyers on our platform operate entirely remotely and without the administrative constraints of a traditional legal practice as Ontra handles invoicing, billing, collections, and business development, allowing lawyers to stay focused on practicing law.
How Does it Work?
Lawyers within the Ontra network leverage their legal expertise while pursuing their own career objectives or personal goals - whether that’s starting a new private practice, scaling an existing one, or simply partnering with Ontra as a supplemental means of income. Lawyers on our platform select client engagements that suit their schedules and career goals and are supported by a team at Ontra in achieving their growth objectives.
Lawyers choose clients with the goal of a long-term partnership. With the average client/lawyer partnership lasting over two years, Ontra lawyers have become experts to in-house legal teams across the globe.
A Day in the Life of an Ontra Lawyer:
- Review and negotiate a high volume of sell-side NDAs for investment banks.
- Consistently learn and evolve to new technologies and new features within our cloud-based app that help reduce contract turnaround time and drive efficiencies in the contract review and negotiation process;
- Directly engage, in a remote environment, with in-house legal teams at financial services companies and serve as their long term, trusted legal advisor for their contract negotiations;
- Independently operate and execute client contract requests in a timely manner, in line with Ontra standards;
- Operate within Ontra’s cloud-based app throughout the negotiating process, and enable clients to receive data-driven solutions for their document processing needs;
- Collaborate with the internal Ontra team on an ongoing basis regarding your prospective business needs;
- Network and collaborate with other like-minded freelance professionals in the global Ontra community.
Preferred Ontra Lawyer Qualifications:
- Legal background with a top-tier law firm preferred (Magic Circle, AmLaw 100, or similar large international law firm), but not required;
- Thorough understanding or experience drafting and negotiating sell-side NDAs is preferred;
- Experience working with Asset Management, Investment Banking, or other Financial Services clientele is desired;
- Licensed and in good standing with your state bar;
- Maintains and/or is willing to obtain malpractice insurance.
Interested in joining the legal-tech revolution? Apply to be a freelance lawyer in our network today!