At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
Work matters. It's where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We're dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That's why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you're an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated, team player to serve at the Sr Corporate Counsel level supporting the western region enterprise sales for ServiceNow. This is a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
What you get to do in this role:
• Review and negotiate complex enterprise customer sales contracts that meet the company's requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team, including various executives.
• Collaborate with finance, sales operations, deal desk, product operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organization to ensure that agreements adequately protect the company's interests.
• Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and legal processes.
• Be a trusted business partner, responding in a timely and productive manner to requests from internal customers.
• Counsel internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance.
To be successful in this role you have:
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
• Undergraduate degree and law degree from accredited universities
• Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar
• 8+ years' relevant experience at a major law firm and in-house, including negotiating technology agreements
• In-house commercial contracting experience dealing with SaaS or software licensing transactions and supporting a sales organization
• Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations
• Exceptional critical thinking abilities, who possesses strong business acumen and excellent business judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups, and in internal and external contexts
• Desire for close collaboration with sales and sales support to close deals efficiently, with a practical approach
• Proficient drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail
• Firm understanding of revenue recognition principals
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and enthusiasm will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .