Are you looking for a friendly, fast-paced workplace with an emphasis on helping customers and empowering team members? Snap Finance is a thriving leader in the financial services industry, and our team members are the foundation of our success. Snap knows that happy, empowered, and engaged team members are essential to innovation and business success- and our approach is working. Come join us!
Become a part of our amazing legal team at Snap! We’re seeking a Paralegal.
- Prepare and file state lending, lease-to-own, servicing, collections and other licenses.
- Maintain all licensing for company.
- Monitor all statuses with the Secretary of State.
- Order and retain all bonds for each state license.
- File all Other Trade Names and update NMLS accordingly.
- Follow up with state regulators for each application to ensure a timely completion.
- Research active license items to obtain resolution and clear the action within each state.
- Comply with the ongoing requirements of state business-specific licenses.
- Update all NMLS records for the company.
- Assist in the preparation of documents necessary to comply with other federal, state and local laws.
- Assist with audits and inquiries related to our licenses and business.
- Assist with legal research and development of guidelines and memoranda for business.
- Quickly and accurately respond to requests from within and outside legal department.
- Develop professional relationships with resources both within the Company and outside the Company to advance information gathering and research goals.
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certificate, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related legal experience.
- Experience with NMLS is preferred.
- Must have strong PC skills with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and use proprietary computer systems and databases.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality, and the ability to work on a wide range of legal matters.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
- Legal research knowledge
- Exhibits grace under pressure and has a good sense of humor and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be independent, self-directed, organized and diligent worker, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be able to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to escalate issues.
Why You’ll Love It Here…
- Generous paid time off
- Competitive medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Legal coverage and other supplemental options
- Pet insurance and fun events
- A value-based culture where growth opportunities are endless
Snap values diversity, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more by visiting our website at www.snapfinance.com
California Residents please review our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice at https://snapfinance.com/ccpa-notice