Paralegal, Commercial (Procurement) at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is leading the expansion of digital currency into the financial mainstream. We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to grow the company in the U.S. and internationally. You will be working in a cutting edge and fast paced environment, where disruptive technologies and unconventional thinking are the norm.
We are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and experienced paralegal to join our growing commercial team. You’ll work closely with attorneys to manage inbound and procurement commercial related legal projects and pipelines. You'll also assist with or lead scaling and operational projects that will help streamline processes and allow the business to move quickly. You will collaborate closely with business teams, product teams, Legal and Compliance department colleagues and outside counsel and consultants to execute on a variety of critical tasks.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage complex legal related projects and workflows for the procurement commercial team.
- Maintain and update legal templates, runbooks, and process documents.
- Manage the commercial intake system, responding to diligence requests, and maintain and track inbound commercial metrics.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of our contracts management system.
- Work with legal colleagues to review, summarize, and prepare commercial related content that succinctly and accurately describe commercial processes and resources.
- Function as a program manager and owner to track progress of multiple in-flight projects, working with teams to communicate deadlines, unblock issues, and liaise with Legal team members to bring continual successful delivery.
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams (Source to Pay, Finance, Security, Privacy, Compliance) and other Legal colleagues to solve problems, build partnerships, and accomplish critical business objectives.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience working as a paralegal, program manager or legal assistant in a large law firm, or in-house. Experience in a regulated financial services industry is a plus.
- Solid analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes.
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.