LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
In this role you will:
Partner with key stakeholders and others within the Legal Department in support of the Company’s SEC reporting and corporate governance matters, corporate financing, M&A and other strategic transactions, as well as have the opportunity to gain exposure to the company’s other business and technology transactions.
- Participate extensively in the preparation of SEC periodic and current filings;
- Effectively draft and provide support on strategic transactions and M&A, including leading due diligence and post-closing integration;
- Support corporate governance, compliance, and best practices;
- Provide guidance and assistance to internal departments on corporate legal matters, as applicable;
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Deep knowledge of securities law for public companies. Familiarity with corporate governance best practices in public companies.
- Experience drafting and reviewing SEC periodic and current reports such as 10-K, 10-Q, Proxy and other filings;
- Skills relating to strategic transaction and M&A agreement drafting, due diligence, and post-acquisition integration activities;
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory requirements, including SEC and other regulatory requirements applicable to publicly-traded companies, such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Dodd-Frank Act, Nasdaq listing standards, and Regulation FD;
- Ability to work within and leverage cross-functional teams and be persuasive up, down, and across the organization;
- Ability to work proactively, collaboratively, and persuasively with internal and external clients to solve problems while protecting company interests;
- Ability to analyze complex facts and legal concepts accurately and timely, and then develop appropriate recommendations within a business solution context;
- Proven track record of excellent judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask and work under time pressure;
- Proven communication skills - written, oral, and presentation;
Your qualifications are:
- 10+ years of experience in a recognized law firm and/or in-house legal department of a publicly-traded, global organization.
- Demonstrated work experience in preparing and reviewing SEC filings.
- Ability to develop creative, business friendly solutions to solve challenging issues in strategic deals, and to develop credibility and confidence as a trusted advisor.
- Significant in-house experience working closely with business, product and sales teams to provide clear answers to complex issues, using plain English, easy-to-understand vernacular and visual aids (charts, graphs, infographics).
- Solid experience with technology and SaaS services.
- Strong negotiation skills and business acumen, and a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Admitted to practice in good standing with at least one U.S. state bar.
- J.D. from a national recognized law school with excellent academic credentials, top tier law firm experience a plus.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.