We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are looking for an attorney to lead our M&A legal team and support our corporate development efforts. This is a rare and unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing private companies in the world and play a key role in helping to execute on its strategic decision. This person will interact with high-level executives and have a front row seat to our most interesting strategic deals.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Advising in all of our corporate development efforts, including acquisitions and divestitures, equity investments, joint ventures, mergers and other strategic transactions
- Working closely with Corporate Development and other functional groups in all stages of strategic transactions, including pipeline review, structuring transactions, drafting term sheets, managing deal processes, performing due diligence, negotiating definitive documentation, assisting on regulatory filings, closing deals and managing post-closing integration and disputes
- Leading legal strategy on acquisitions and other strategic transactions
- Driving continuous improvements, scalability and operational excellence in deal processes and execution
- Managing outside counsel
- Assisting in the preparation of playbooks and processes for the M&A group and participate in company-wide M&A training programs
- Assisting members of the corporate legal team on other high priority tasks and matters
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and licensed to practice in California, or the ability to apply for California’s Registered In-House Counsel
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including 4+ years of M&A work at a major law firm; in-house experience preferred
- Experience supporting multinational companies with international business operations.
- Excellent management skills and business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give practical advice
- Able to identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, and present clear legal recommendations
- Able to participate in developing company strategic and operational goals, and work closely with business units in their operational execution
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and take on additional projects as necessary
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.