Are you a paralegal with strong corporate skills who enjoys managing complex projects, executing quickly and with precision, working with cross-functional teams, and finding creative ways to build structure? Are you excited by a role with lots of responsibility, opportunities to wear different hats, and potential for growth and impact?
We are seeking a corporate paralegal for our dynamic and fun-loving legal team, someone who will be a key teammate as Atlassian continues to grow and scale.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Public company matters: Work with external auditors and internal accounting team to support audit processes.
- Board and shareholder matters: Help maintain our minute books and corporate records. Review requests for documentation and attend to various signatures requests.
- Subsidiary management: Assist on corporate compliance matters for Atlassian's various US and international subsidiaries. Help organize subsidiary board and shareholder meetings, help to establish new entities and offices, and work extensively with tax, treasury, other departments, and outside advisors.
- Transactional matters: Assist with due diligence, document preparation and execution, and closing and integration for acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Cross-functional support/special projects: Assist with routine matters including answering various alias email boxes, employment agreements and forms, and strategic projects involving stock administration, treasury, tax, internal audit, employment/HR, and other teams.
- Project management: Work with our Senior Corporate Paralegal to drive progress on corporate team and cross functional corporate projects. Look for opportunities to improve processes that will positively impact the legal team and its counterparts and help us scale.
- 1-3 years of relevant corporate paralegal experience, ideally at a major law firm and/or in-house at a public company.
- Familiarity with SEC filings and requirements.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within tight timelines, with tremendous organization and attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Loves sizing up unstructured or ad hoc situations and working with our Senior Corporate Paralegal to create a strategy to build processes that improve accuracy or efficiency, while remaining flexible and adaptable.
- Is able to be diplomatic yet effective in communicating with others and getting stuff done.
- Has experience and is comfortable working alongside senior management teams and outside counsel.
- Is a team player who is also comfortable working independently with minimal oversight on certain projects and making decisions independently.
- Is familiar with Atlassian products and Docusign and/or is excited to learn more about them and put them to use.
- Is a notary public and a certified JIRA Admin (don't worry, if you're not, we can help make that happen after you get here).
- Has a healthy sense of humor, with a how-can-I-help, get-it-done attitude.
On day one we will expect you to have:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.