At GoGuardian, we're helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we're committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian's growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it - always ready to experiment and learn.
We're here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There's always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
This role will support internal business partners and assist on a broad variety of legal matters related to our technology. While this role is focused on technology, you will also be open and able to assist a growing company on other projects and matters when needed. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, ready to grow, and comfortable working in an ambiguous, quickly-changing environment.
What You'll Do
- Work with product, engineering, design, product marketing teams, and leadership to provide practical guidance on pivotal consumer and contractual issues for the customer.
- Assess risk and offer creative solutions in delivering general product and technology counseling in a rapidly-changing streaming industry.
- Advise on new subscription offerings, billing and payments issues, user flows, third-party partnerships, and device and platform integrations.
- Partner with subject matter experts on key issues related to the products and business, including regulatory and privacy compliance, implementation of new legislative requirements, and other general corporate matters.
- Support GoGuardian's product-related communications from product marketing, corporate communications, and other user-facing teams on product-related descriptions and disclosures.
- Acting as generalist when needed to help support other areas of the business as needed
Who You Are
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or technology company
- J.D. from a aw school and active good standing with at least one state bar
- Knowledge of technology law and policy, privacy law, and consumer laws
- Knowledgeable about technology and software development
- Possess a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively advise internal business partners by providing them with clear and practical advice
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including the ability to distill complex topics into understandable pieces of guidance for other non-legal teams
- Self-starter who operates autonomously while being a collaborative team player
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage several projects
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
P.S. - Share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for amazing people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.