ATS: Legal/Risk - Law Enforcement Liaison - REMOTE at TuSimple
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.Opportunity Overview
The Law Enforcement Liaison is responsible for coordinating and leading meetings with state, local and federal law enforcement agencies surrounding autonomous vehicles on public roadways. In collaboration with law enforcement agencies including consultative services and technical assistance services, this position should review current and pending laws and help persuade officials to implement strategies and legislation allowing for the use of TuSimple’s autonomous vehicles.Role Responsibilities
- Partners with Federal, State and Local law enforcement to introduce them to TuSimple’s technology and safety practices.
- Analyze and consult on new legislation, ensuring that it aligns with TuSimple’s interests.
- Brief high level government officials on the general workings of the systems in relation to law enforcement and local laws/regulations.
- Collaborates with autonomous vehicle industry leaders to develop standards for industry highway safety
- Collaborate with private organizations in response to emergency
- Consult on law statues and matters of jurisdiction, ensuring that the right audience is targeted during outreach campaigns.
- Collaborates with TuSimple’s marketing team to develop public outreach and information campaigns surrounding autonomous technology
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5-20 years of increasingly responsible management level experience in a comparable size law enforcement agency, of which at least 5 years of experience must have been at a police captain or equivalent or higher level.
- Bureau Chief Level Preferred
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your dependents
- Meals provided daily
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.Navistar, FedEx, UPS, Walmart, DHL, J.B. Hunt, JB Hunt, Ryder, Penske, Lineage Logistics, NFI, Geodis, Schneider, Radial, trailer, hitch, DOT, Driver, CDL, Deadhead, Drayage, E-Log, Flatbed, GAWR, Axle, Long-haul, LTL, Carrier, OTR, Owner-Operator, P&D, PTDI, Relay, Reefer, Straight Truck, Tractor Trailer, ATA, Bill of Lading, Bobtail, Drop and Hook, ELD, FMCSA, Hot Shot, Intermodal, Link Logistics, Line haul, TCA, TIA,