With 900 employees, over $200M in sales, 1,400+ clients, and rapid year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s most advanced, and largest, intelligence company!
Skillbridge is an opportunity for U.S. military Service members transitioning to civilian careers. Through this program, you are able to gain valuable civilian work experience through specific industry training, apprenticeships, or internships during the last 180 days of service. This is an opportunity for you to discover your next career step after military service.
This Role: As a Threat Intelligence Skillbridge Intern on Insikt’s Subscriptions and Periodicals team, you’ll be responsible for assisting operational, day-to-day research and the administration of report documents and data. Writing both ad hoc and regular reports will require the ability to work with regularly recurring datasets, while also requiring flexibility to quickly research and analyze a broad spectrum of cyber threat activity, from new attacks against automotive technology to patterns in malware development.
What you’ll do as a Skillbridge Threat Intelligence Intern:
- Research sets of standardized queries related to cyber threats for clients on a regular basis (daily, weekly)
- Produce finished intelligence reports that address clients’ priority intelligence requirements across a broad range of cyber threat activity topics
- Prepare and review analyst notes (+/- 3 paragraphs) about validated intelligence events
- Prepare reporting templates for future use
- Work on projects with often tight deadlines
- Collaborate with a team of highly skilled analysts with expertise across many areas of cybersecurity and threat intelligence
What you’ll bring as a Skillbridge Threat Intelligence Intern (required):
- You must be a current U.S. Service member
- 2+ years working in cyber operations or military intelligence gathering and analysis
- Demonstrably strong writing ability
- Demonstrable experience researching and analyzing cyber threats across either a) multiple industries or b) multiple timeframes (e.g., both weekly and quarterly)
- Demonstrated success working on projects as part of a cross functional team
- Technical skills: cyber security or threat intelligence experience
- Ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts in both written and verbal products
Additional skills/experience (preferred but not required):
- Familiarity with and use of common cyber threat intelligence tools such as DomainTools, VirusTotal, SHODAN, etc.
- Security certifications (CISSP, CEH, Sec+)
Why should you join Recorded Future?
Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 40 nationalities and embody our core values of being passionate, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recognition: Check out our awards and announcements
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at [email protected]
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.