Product Design Intern at Shopmonkey (Remote)
Design is at our core at Shopmonkey. We put design and the customer above all else. As a product design intern, you will have a critical role in defining our relationship with our customers through the product. The ideal candidate is strong in product/design and is excited about shaping the future of our web products. Come join our team of skilled designers transforming the auto shop industry.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Design UX and UI for our web and mobile apps
- Work with senior designers to brainstorm, design and deliver new features and enhancements
- Work with other teams at Shopmonkey to create and refine designs and flows
- Participate in customer research interviews
- Observe the full cycle of software development — the engineering, support, product management, marketing, sales — to see designs delivered and released
- Work within a top-tier, rapidly scaling startup
We Are Looking For You If You Have:
- At least 1 year of upper level classes in a relevant degree program (user experience design, graphic design, communication design, human computer interaction, etc)
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Familiarity with vector-based design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Experience designing digital interfaces (web, iOS, Android, etc)
- The Ability to produce interface sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and prototypes
- A clear, professional, friendly and informative communication style
The deadline to apply for this internship is Friday, 04/01/2022. Interviews will begin 04/15/2022 and offers will be made by 05/10/2022. Internships start on 05/23/2022 and will end on 08/12/2022.
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.