Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team
About the Role:
We are looking for a qualified Full Stack Software Development Engineer Intern to join our team in San Diego, CA (or remote). You will be hired to help enhance our web applications within our existing and new SaaS product offerings.
Our stack is wide, diverse, and evolving. Our primary business logic is currently PHP but transitioning to Node services. Our web front ends utilize Vue. Finally, many of our APIs interact with Android clients so any mobile development knowledge you have is a plus.
If all this sounds like a challenge you’re ready and willing to embrace then let’s chat asap!
What We’re Looking For:
- Interest in full stack web development
- Some exposure to PHP or JS/TS
- Programming fundamentals in one or more languages
- Understanding of unit tests
- Exposure to relational databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or currently pursuing one
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing
- A commitment to software craftsmanship and things like unit testing, code review, design patterns, etc
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Laravel or Vue.js experience
- Cloud native development in AWS
- System Architecture Design
- Linux administration
- Big Data
- Hardware development
- PHP, Node, JS, TS, Python, or Golang knowledge